oil leak

/ oil leak #1  

djguidroz

I have an oil leak on my 2810 coming from a drain plunger of some sort that no dealer can tell me what this drain is for. It seems to be engine oil. I brought it back to the dealer but they couldn't find the leak . During this time the pto went out and the importance of the oil leak went by the wayside. The pto was fixed with a lot of hassle but now the oil leak is disturbing at the least. Any help will greatly be appreciated. Thanks for the help.

/ oil leak #2  
I assume you mean a plug not a plunger. Where might this plug be located?

Galen LaWall
Your Mahindra Tractor Dealer
Batavia, NY 14020
585-343-0770

/ oil leak
No sir this is some sort of plunger that you can push up on . Approximatley 1/4 inch in diameter. Located midway of tractor.

/ oil leak #4  
Can you get a picture showing it? I have an '03 2810HST and I just looked under it and can't see what you're describing.

/ oil leak
I can't give you a picture, but it almost looks like the head of a grease fitting. I'm @ work and can' get to the tractor. It is near the center and underneath the tractor. I' ve allready had more help from this forum than the people around here and at least you'll are trying to help. Thanks!

/ oil leak
Looks like I've stumped everyone on this oil leak. I never would have thought this would continue to be a problem. Overall I've had pretty bad luck with this tractor looks like it will be a thorn in my side untill I get rid of it. Thanks to everyone who tried to help.

/ oil leak #7  
Is this a gear or hydro tractor?
If it's a gear unit and the leak is on the tranny, mine won't look anything like yours.
I did look harder yesterday under mine but, I can't see anything that looks like what you're describing. If you have access to a camera, a picture would be helpfull.
The dealers that frequent this site are extremely helpfull, hang in there.

/ oil leak #8  
I have a 2810 on my lot and I looked under it and see the (vent plug) you are talking about. It apears to me your leak would have to be the engine rear main seal or the input shaft seal on the transmission. Is your tractor still under warranty? Take it to your dealer and have them repair it.

I am surprised to hear you say you have had a lot of problems with your 2810.
I have sold quite a few 2810s in my 5 years as a dealer and they have been virtually bullet proof. Keep us informed on your progress.

Galen LaWall
Your Mahindra Tractor Dealer
Batavia NY 14020
585-343-0770

/ oil leak
Now this being a vent and that it could be coming from an engine or transmission seal makes sense. I've got something to go on and an idea on what to do next. This was leaking from the first time when I brought it back to the dealer with 50 hours on it. But they told me it was fixed but it never was. Eventually the pto went out after 200 hours and 25 months. About the 2810, seal on gearoil sight glass went out, pto, shift lever for gears broke in half, pen for shutlle shift broke three times, hood will not line up and latch, black guard for fender well has several splits on both sides, did I mention oil leaks. Enough of that, I found it hard to believe the people who went out of there way to help, if my mahindra was as dependable as you'll I'd buy another one tomorrow. By the way mahindra is garage kept and only 400hours old. Thanks!

/ oil leak #10  
On mine, the fender has only one crack 1/2" long after 240hrs. I've been careful not to lean on them as I get on and off, so far, so good. The site glass on mine started weeping, I jacked up the rear end so fluid wouldn't run out, popped the site glass out with a small pick, cleaned it up and put a light film of blue sealant. I let it tack up some before putting it back in to prevent any sealant from contaminating the hydro fluid and clogging something expensive. I've heard of the pto sticking on some, I just haven't experienced it myself. From what I've read, it an easy fix, right under the floorboard.