3 pt lift arms will not lower

/ 3 pt lift arms will not lower #1  

TXAG

Tractor
Mahindra 4530
Ok here is a new problem that I haven't been able to find an answer for. On about July 3, I used my 4530 to move my trailer across the creek. I put one of those flat tow bars with a ball hitch on the 3 pt and parked the trailer. Of course this was to make room for a party on the 4th. I don't know how many people may have felt it was necessary to sit on my tractor during the party or what they may have been messing with. I have been busy at work and haven't had time to do anything with the tractor until yesterday (August 13th). When I went to get the trailer, I found that the lift arms were in the highest position and would not lower at all with about 400 lbs (my brother and I) on top of the tow bar. All levers and draft controls were at the lowering position and the FEL works fine so I don't think it is a fluid problem. I could lift it about an inch or so but when I let off upward pressure it feels like it is hitting some sort of solid block. I checked the dial just under the front of the seat to lock the hitch in the up position to carry stuff around without the arms lowering and it has not been tampered with at all. I'm at a loss since there is nothing in the manual that I can find about the arms not lowering, just when they won't lift. Any ideas where to start? Haven't had a chance to call the dealer or company yet but thought there might be something simple that I just don't know about yet.

/ 3 pt lift arms will not lower #2  
There is a on the knob below your seat remove the bracket so you can close the knob all of the way. Close the knob and with the tractor running at an idle work your position lever up and down 4 or 5 times. You will here a squealing sound when you move it to the up position. Replace your bracket on the center knob and possibly your problem will be solved. I hope this does the trick.

Galen LaWall
Your Mahindra Tractor Dealer
Batavia NY 14020
585-343-0770

/ 3 pt lift arms will not lower #3  
Is the 3 pt trying to lift all the time?
This happened to my 6000 and was attributed (by dealer) to me moving the lift lever outside it's operating quadrant. It caused a hydraulic cylinder piston to be pushed out and snapped off. Happened twice!
Good news is evrything was covered under warranty. If this turns out to be your problem, make sure they inspect your pump. They did not mine and had to go back less than a week later and replace the pump.

/ 3 pt lift arms will not lower #4  
Had same problem with my 6500. Had to replaced the relief valve.

/ 3 pt lift arms will not lower
Well tried the knob thing several times but no luck. Called the dealer and the service dept told me to put the lever in the lower position and knock the **** out of the arms. After one bent post driver, I'll be hauling it down to the dealer to get it fixed. Thanks for the suggestions and keep those tractors dirty....

/ 3 pt lift arms will not lower #6  
I believe I would have told the dealer I was bringing it to him, he could knock the #$%^ out of it!