3510 service time question

/ 3510 service time question #1  

Shirleyshusband

Bronze Member
Tractor
Manindra 3510
Hi,
Well, I've got about 40 hours on my new tractor so far. I'm starting to read the instructions about the 50 hour service. After reading another time or two I should get it. :eek: It looks like I'll be able to handle it, didn't see any need for special tools.

My question is; about how much time do you think it will take a newbie the first time around? Any tips?? I don't want to be rushed so I want to make sure to allow enough time. I'm a weekend warrier so time often is an issue... trying to get eveything done that I plan on getting done:rolleyes:

/ 3510 service time question #2  
Shirleyshusband said:
Hi,
Well, I've got about 40 hours on my new tractor so far. I'm starting to read the instructions about the 50 hour service. After reading another time or two I should get it. :eek: It looks like I'll be able to handle it, didn't see any need for special tools.

My question is; about how much time do you think it will take a newbie the first time around? Any tips?? I don't want to be rushed so I want to make sure to allow enough time. I'm a weekend warrier so time often is an issue... trying to get eveything done that I plan on getting done:rolleyes:

You don't need to do it all at the same time, do you? Do one thing at a time and be diligent about that one thing. Take a Saturday, do the oil/filter change, then decide what you're gonna do next Saturday. By the way, my 6000's oil filter was (seemed like anyway) welded on at the factory. You need to start your tractor and run it to operating temp before you try and undo the filter. If its cold you'll never get it free....BobG in VA

/ 3510 service time question #3  
Yep, that was the filter that I broke by filter wrench on.....the one I've had for about 25 years. Glad I was alone, probably said a few things that should not be repeated.

/ 3510 service time question #4  
Mine came off ok, but it was real tight. I'm not sure the guy at the factory puts it on by hand, I think they must use a wrench.

/ 3510 service time question #5  
dieselsmoke1 said:
Yep, that was the filter that I broke by filter wrench on.....the one I've had for about 25 years. Glad I was alone, probably said a few things that should not be repeated.

Yep. Takes more than a Sunday School vocabulary to work on machinery.

/ 3510 service time question #6  
I have the 2615HST. For my 50 hr. service I took my time and completed everything on a Saturday. I had purchased all my filters, oil, hyd. fluid etc. ahead of time. Made a day of it. The motor oil and filter change was the easiest, that only took about a half hour. The other filters felt like they were welded on. Took almost the rest of the day to complete. I think if you figure on two days (Sat. and Sun.) you'll be able to complete your service in probably one.