Mahindra 4110 or TYM

/ Mahindra 4110 or TYM #1  

coffeeman

Platinum Member
Just went over to TYM site. Not sure which, but it was the one with 0% interest for selected models. Question; which TYM is the sister to the 4110?

One thing interesting over there. I was able to start a download of operators manual for the machine that looks like mine. Mahindra never used to offer manuals on web site. I don't know now. Started download because I wanted to see if there would be a charge. Didn't seem to be. Download started, 100 pages. Of course, at $60 or $70 for a manual, it might be cheaper to buy one than buy the ink to print one.

Cheers....Coffeeman

/ Mahindra 4110 or TYM #2  
Question; which TYM is the sister to the 4110?

Coffeeman, I'm certainly no expert but it appears the T400 would be the closest thing to the 4110. Although the TYM branded tractor uses a Kubota engine and I believe I've read on this site that the 4110 uses a Dae Dong engine (someone correct me if I'm wrong).

/ Mahindra 4110 or TYM #3  
I think most, if not all of the Mahindra branded TYM's used Daedong engines. I'm not sure of the larger cab model though.

/ Mahindra 4110 or TYM #4  
TYM uses the DaeDong in the Mahindra line , but they use Kabota in the line sold under TYM.

The TYM450 with 45 HP would be the 4110 , and the TYM400 would be the 3510.
The TYM330HST would be the machine I have.

I have been happy with my Mahindra 2810HST machine so I wouldn't be afraid to look at the TYM machines.

What I would look at is the price and financing options between TYM and Mahindra, the warranty , and quality of dealers.

I have been looking at the TYM site in Korea for 3 years and haven't seen much of a change in there line of tractors.

And I have to wonder if parts will be available for mine in 5 or 10 years as Mahindra dropped the lower HP 10 series.

So , would I own another Mahindra,,, sure. But I would take a hard look at TYM.

Check out there site in Korea, there a solid company.

Dave in NH

/ Mahindra 4110 or TYM #5  
One thing to consider is that Mahindra is becoming a major brand in the US. With my experience, most customers do not want to buy a tractor that they have never heard of. Mahindra has been around for a while and would probably be more likely to hold resale value, even though TYM builds the tractor.

/ Mahindra 4110 or TYM #6  
Leaders_Farm_Eq said:
One thing to consider is that Mahindra is becoming a major brand in the US. With my experience, most customers do not want to buy a tractor that they have never heard of. Mahindra has been around for a while and would probably be more likely to hold resale value, even though TYM builds the tractor.

That is a VERY good point... I had not thought of it like that...:eek: