Mahindra 2015?

/ Mahindra 2015? #1  

organ grinder

Bronze Member
I had a Kubota B7200. Loved it, but needed 4-wheel drive for snow plowing. Sold it and bought a used B8200 with 4WD, but it was too hard to steer with my bad shoulder. Traded it for a BX2200. Did not like the mower. It did not cut evenly. Dealer, regional man and factory rep all got involved. All agreed it had a problem, but they could not solve it. Kubota ended up taking it back and giving me full credit towards a B7510. I figured it would cut like my B7200. Wrong. Kubota replaced the roller at the back of the deck with two hard rubber tires that tend to leave marks when the grass is dry and tend to dig into the turf if the grass is damp. The appearance of the grass is very important to me. I spend a lot of time and money on it and want it to look first class. Would a Mahindra with a MMM provide a better finish cut? How about a JD 2210? I am cutting a little over an acre with sloped areas. Need to be able to mount a rear snow blade and other Cat I implements. Any suggestions?

/ Mahindra 2015? #2  
"Kubota replaced the roller at the back of the deck with two hard rubber tires that tend to leave marks when the grass is dry and tend to dig into the turf if the grass is damp."

I have the 2615 with a 72" mmm similar to the 2015 just bigger, and I think the 2015 has a 60" deck. Mine also has the rollers centered in the rear of the deck and yes it does mash the grass down after the cut (think baseball field but not as severe). I don't think it's that bad and about a day after mowing you can hardly notice this. I've not had any problems with it digging into the turf when damp, although I try not to mow when it's wet.
I'm not sure exactly what you mean by mowing unevenly. I know if your yard isn't perfecly level/flat a wider deck will tend to lift on one side or the other. I have one area of my yard with this problem, fortunatly it's out back. If you have a blade height problem or a bent blade, that's another story! Over all I'm very pleased with the way mine mows.
My best suggestion would be to contact the dealer, express your concerns and see if they would be willing to bring one out to your place and let you mow with it, that way you get to see first hand how it mows as well as how the tractor operates!
I'd also suggest turf tires (this may already be your preference), I have R4's and think they are stiffer which contibutes to a rougher ride, but I had to have them because I use my tractor for other things that turf tires just wouldn't stand up to.
And lastly, sorry no opinions/suggestions on the JD. I don't have any experience with it, however some of the above would still apply!
Hopefully some of the 2015 owners will chime in as well. Good luck!