2015 Gear vs CK20 Gear

/ 2015 Gear vs CK20 Gear #1  

sschriber

Bronze Member
Tractor
Honda 5013
I really like the Kioti CK20, but I can get the 2015 with loader for $1400 less. Can any of you Mahindra folk point out advantages of the 2015 over the CK20?

/ 2015 Gear vs CK20 Gear #2  
I looked at both models except I looked at the HST. I ended up buying the Mahindra mostly due to the price!! There are some nice things about the Kioti but when it comes down to it... They are both tractors built to do work. Try not to over-analyze like I did. I like red tractors. Has done all I have asked it to.

/ 2015 Gear vs CK20 Gear #3  
I can't compare to the Kioti, but I can sure recommend the 2015 4WD.

I've owned a lot of tractors over the last 40 years. My Mahindra was the first new tractor I ever bought. I did a lot of research, seat sitting, and kneeling underneath tractors before I bought it. About 6 months ago it replaced another similar sized 4WD Japanese 3-cylinder diesel tractor.

It is heavy and rugged. I have no concerns about using it for logging, which amounts to about 1/3 of its use.

It has good strength and traction. I pull a 5-foot box blade, a 6-foot rear blade, and run a 4-foot brush hog without any problems. I've not found anything I couldn't lift in the bucket or with a rear scoop and carry-all on the 3-point hitch.

It is comfortable. With good clearance, it is easy to get on and off for a 60-year old guy with hurtn' knees.

It is real easy to do routine maintenance.:p I did my 50 hour service in about an hour-and-one-half. That included removing the loader, changing the oil and oil filter, changing the fuel filter, changing the hydrualic fluid and hydraulic filter, replacing the loader, greasing all the fittings on the loader and tractor, adjusting the brakes and clutch, and doing the 30-or-so other items on the recommended checklist.

From what little I've needed, it sure seems that parts are easy to get. I received the incorrect grill guard when my tractor was delivered. When I brought it to my dealer's attention I quickly received the correct guard from Mahindra USA headquarters in Texas. There have been some complaints about filter prices, but I feel the prices are quite in-line with other Japanese tractors. ($4 for fuel, about $9 for oil, and about $35 for hydraulic filters.)

I have only found two weaknesses. One is the top lip of the loader. I strengthened it by welding a 2x2x1/8 inch piece of steel angle over the lip. The drawbar is not as strong as it could be. My utility trailer has about a 400 lb. tongue weight (when loaded) which seems to stress the drawbar. I use a 3-point hitch drawbar instead, which is more than satisfactory. I also built a lightbar because the headlights are blocked when the loader is more than a few inches off the ground, but most tractors have this problem. I added a rear light to the light bar, but a rear light kit is also available from Mahindra.

Starting the in late 1990s, these tractors were previously sold as Cub Cadet 7200 series tractors. There is plenty of support.

It is one tough little tractor. I have never regretted buying mine. Even though I don't know the Kioti's, I don't think you would be making a mistake by purchasing the Mahindra.:)

Good luck,
Knute

/ 2015 Gear vs CK20 Gear #4  
About 2 years ago I took a CK20, with 40 hours on it, in trade on a Mahindra 2810. While I had the CK20, I set the CK20 and 2015 side by side and compared them visually and spec by spec. The 2 tractors are so close in every aspect. The CK20 had a little more loader lift capacity, due to larger lift cylinders, but you give up some loader speed. Every thing else on these 2 tractors compare so closely. I don't see $1400 worth of difference in the 2 tractors at all and company wise, Mahindra is by far the larger company.

Galen LaWall
Your Mahindra Tractor Dealer
Batavia, NY 14020
585-343-0770