Problems with Mahindra 15 Series

/ Problems with Mahindra 15 Series #31  
Maka said:
Just quickly reading but look at these loader bleedoff specs.

Loader and backhoe boom/bucket lower slowly while parked

Maka

Wow. I wish you would post that in every forum. I don't know what the sizes of cylinder listed there are, but as you can see they can leak down a LOT and everything still be with in spec. And this is from JD to boot...

/ Problems with Mahindra 15 Series #32  
Wow, great thread guys! We're going on 250 hours now, have used this honey for so many BIG chores & different odd jobs, the list would take way too long to write... and other than filter/fluid changes, only 1 minor mishap. Got it high-centered on a stump hidden under the brush while logging and bent the TUBULAR steering tie-rod in the process of walking her back off it (by biting & raising with the loader and BH buckets & rotating both - thank goodness for long arms, as in MINE!) Anyway, that finally broke 6 months later. I was surprised because car & truck tie-rods are solid & I thought it could've been heated & straightened, but no. (So watch that ground clearance, fellas!)

And no problem with cold weather starts, either. (We did have several weeks of below 20 degrees F. this winter.) Or sagging hydraulics.

Here's a photo of one of the little stumps we've pulled. Started as a 50' or so Doug fir, bout a 2' dia. trunk & 6' wide root ball. Man have we worked that BH and been VERY impressed with it. The only 'no-sweat, no-thorns' way to clear large brush areas!

Attachments

• Diggin Stump.JPG
    Diggin Stump.JPG
    611.2 KB · Views: 440
   / Problems with Mahindra 15 Series #33  
DigginJB said:
Here's a photo of one of the little stumps we've pulled. Started as a 50' or so Doug fir, bout a 2' dia. trunk & 6' wide root ball. Man have we worked that BH and been VERY impressed with it. The only 'no-sweat, no-thorns' way to clear large brush areas!
Good Lord! :D That photo alone would make a great ad for a 2615 HST!!! :) Thanks for posting it!

Dougster

/ Problems with Mahindra 15 Series #34  
Dougster said:
Good Lord! :D That photo alone would make a great ad for a 2615 HST!!! :) Thanks for posting it!

Dougster

The 2615 or the 3710 backhoe? :D I must say it made my smile.... and cringe at the same time...

/ Problems with Mahindra 15 Series #35  
rback33 said:
The 2615 or the 3710 backhoe? :D
Well, obviously, BOTH! :D That's an impressive trophy he's got there! :)

Dougster

/ Problems with Mahindra 15 Series #36  
rback33 said:
:D I must say it made me smile.... and cringe at the same time...

Thanks fellas, glad to brighten a cold day whenever possible.

I have to admit to more than a few "cringes" but that wasn't one of 'em. You can't see into the loader bucket in that photo... actually had no added ballast that time, but there have been lots of instances where the bucket on the 'unloaded' end has had to carry some big chunks of concrete in order to get out of the hole with the prize! Add to that the odd slippery slope, and it does get interesting. There is a trick to finally popping the stump into the BH's grasp in order to pluck & truck, though.

Overall I am amazed at the strength and balance of this rig. Plus getting the BH off to use the 3 point is very quick (especially if a slab is available.) We tried a bigger more expensive orange rig the previous 2 years, this 2615 totally kicks it (not that I wouldn't consider swapping for a 3215 maybe...) I never would've believed how much help the HST is, either - went from the *don't need it* list to "MUST HAVE!"

/ Problems with Mahindra 15 Series #37  
rback33 said:
Sorry to say Doug, but yer out to lunch on the armchair theory. Increased pressure makes them leak faster. There is a proper method for checking leak down though. Most of the dealers on have had service school training on it already.
The 3pt arms on my JD leak down unless there is several hundred pounds on them.
larry