Problems with Mahindra 15 Series

/ Problems with Mahindra 15 Series #1  

AchingBack

Elite Member
Tractor
Mahindra 2615HST
Delightedly, there seems to be a dearth of complaints about these Mitsubishi made Mahindras. Yes indeed, it's a wonderful life!

/ Problems with Mahindra 15 Series #2  
Only have 10 hrs now and no problems here. :)
Just had to get the BH & it was well worth it!
Dug this stump out just this eve. :D

Attachments

• 061230 Thanksgiving-Christmas 2006 080.jpg
    061230 Thanksgiving-Christmas 2006 080.jpg
    146.3 KB · Views: 1,050
   / Problems with Mahindra 15 Series #3  
I've had the Cub Cadet model of the 15 series for about 10 years and I think you will find very few complaints. The Mitsubishi models are tough and real workhorses. There have been a few complaints through the years but most of them have been on the price of Cub/Mit. parts, filters, etc. or on some dealers.

/ Problems with Mahindra 15 Series #4  
k54frog said:
Only have 10 hrs now and no problems here. :)
Just had to get the BH & it was well worth it!
Dug this stump out just this eve. :D

Frog, great picture!

/ Problems with Mahindra 15 Series #5  
Wow frog,:eek:
careful with the log on the hood.
That picture clearly shows the strength of the 20 hp. mahindra.

nice pic !

Ernie

/ Problems with Mahindra 15 Series #6  
I have almost 100 hours on mine now. I have had no problems except for my stepson bending the sway bar on the 3 point hitch. I'm still not clear on how that happened. These are tough little tractors. I grew up on a farm and we owned several different makes and sizes of tractors through the years. I think that this tractor ranks right up with the old Ford tractors for ruggedness so far. Attached is a photo of the tractor cleaning up debris after a wind storm. It's very similar to Frog's picture.

STRONG for it's size!

Attachments

• 2615.jpg
    2615.jpg
    136.4 KB · Views: 845
   / Problems with Mahindra 15 Series #7  
No problems here either!

38 hours on the clock, mostly moving trees and stumps clearing land for the garage and grading the driveway.

My only complaint is 2 winters with no snow and I spent all that money on the 3ph snowblower! I'm sure I'll get my chance to use it though.

Greg

/ Problems with Mahindra 15 Series #8  
150 hrs. on mine now. Only had one problem with the loader valve. It was leaking by internally allowing the bucket to drop about an inch per hour. Dealer replaced valve under warranty with a newer style valve. No other problems since.

/ Problems with Mahindra 15 Series #9  
Hey Ernie,
It sure does look like the stump is over the hood doesn't it? :eek:
In fact the top of the stump is resting firmly on the tube for the loader parking leg about two feet away from the hood. :) The majority of the weight (stump estimated weight of ~350-400 lbs) is in the root ball about 3' in front of the bucket and about 4' in front of the pivot pins.
I had to orient it this way to get it between the fence and the shed!
Would have preferred to have it sideways with the weight closer to the tractor...but you do what ya gotta do.
(yes, there is more room on the other side of the shed but that is where my leach field is and I don't want to compact that clay soil with this heavy tractor & stump)
Here's another picture showing the short parking leg tube centered just behind & below the bucket. (different stump, slightly smaller and able to fit sideways)

Attachments

• 061231 Tractor dig tree stump 019.jpg
    061231 Tractor dig tree stump 019.jpg
    181.3 KB · Views: 713
   / Problems with Mahindra 15 Series #10  
Frog, do you have the rear tires loaded up?

You sure move a lot of weight with that 2015:D

Ernie