'New Mahindra Red' paint color

/ 'New Mahindra Red' paint color #1  

srjones

Platinum Member
Tractor
Mahindra 2015HST & Mitsubish R1500
Does anybody have any suggestions for matching the 'New Mahindra Red' paint color in an oil based brush-on paint? I can get the spray paint cans from my dealer but they're pretty spendy and it's...well, it's spray paint and it's not all that thick. I'd rather have a can for touchups, but for painting entire projects a quart of paint would probably do a better job.

Could I take a sample to a paint shop and have it color matched? How do the auto body shops do it?

MMUSA, any plans to sell the paint by the quart?

/ 'New Mahindra Red' paint color #2  
I have a Mahindra 2810HST and when I want to paint something I have welded on or paint the bucket I use NAPA Commercial Coatings Made by Martin Senour . The International Red is a perfect match. I buy it by the gallon.....

Dave in NH

/ 'New Mahindra Red' paint color #3  
I think Wal-Mart sells the International red, but I'll check tomorrow. I think the International red is a little darker, but I use it on my implements anyway.

Regards,

/ 'New Mahindra Red' paint color
I seem to recall that the IH Red was the closest, but it was still darker. However, I'll take a closer look at the NAPA paint.

/ 'New Mahindra Red' paint color #5  
We normally just spray some paint in a container and use a Q-tip or something to touch up areas that we want to avoid overspray. But I don't believe MUSA will be offering any other type of paint.

We normally have plenty of excess spray paint cans that we give to customers who may need it. The gray is what we normally don't have any extra.

Turns out my dealer can get red paint for the 15 series by the quart. It's more expensive than Rustoleum, but still cheaper than spraypaint.

/ 'New Mahindra Red' paint color #7  
The International Red is a little too dark, but I do have some Rust-Oleum in "Sun Rise Red", and it looks the same. When holding next to the tractor, I can't see a difference.

Hope that helps.

Ok, just the complete this story, I got a quart of Rustoleum "Sunrise Red" and also a quart of 15 series red from my dealer. I painted a few small parts and there's no difference in color whatsoever.

I may still scan a sample of each to be sure though.

The rustoleum paint seem to stay tacky longer but the dealer version dried quicker and was smoother, even when brushed on.

However, with the dealer paint being over $16 and Sunrise red about $7.50, I think I'll be going with Rustoleum for now.

/ 'New Mahindra Red' paint color #10  
Red is resolved, Sunrise Red #7762 it is. How about the gray now?