Was bored last night so....

/ Was bored last night so.... #21  
I should move, the economy here is bad and our area has been given the award for being one of the highest taxed areas in the country.

/ Was bored last night so.... #22  
LAWALLSTRACTOR said:
I should move, the economy here is bad and our area has been given the award for being one of the highest taxed areas in the country.
Oh, I'll bet we've got you beat on taxes. And if we don't right now, just wait a bit. Our brand new "tax & spend" governor is completely out of control. :(

Thanks very much for that tip on the pins. I'm guessing that not many folks know about the 1/8" of extra length on that one pin... and where it's supposed to go. But by my measurements, both front pins should be about 1/8" longer... but maybe it's just my FEL that's a slight bit off. I'm going to move that one long pin to the right front today... but I think I'll order another one for the left front unless you know a reason not to do so. It's much too tight a fit for my liking.

Dougster

/ Was bored last night so.... #23  
Just make sure that the pin does not have so much play that the hex head of the pin can slide outside the pintab (hex shape on bucket that prevents turning). While it is minor, this would likely cause increased pin wear. We don't want unnecessary expenses encroaching on your next new toy, I mean tool, fund.:D

PS.. Woo hoo... this was my 700th post!

/ Was bored last night so.... #24  
rback33 said:
Just make sure that the pin does not have so much play that the hex head of the pin can slide outside the pintab (hex shape on bucket that prevents turning). While it is minor, this would likely cause increased pin wear. We don't want unnecessary expenses encroaching on your next new toy, I mean tool, fund. :D PS.. Woo hoo... this was my 700th post!
Congratulations on Post No. 700! :D Very cool! :cool:

Upon further inspection, it looks like more liberties were taken from the assembly instructions in the form of extra washers on certain pivot pins... including one on that bound up right front pin... while clearly missing from others sort of randomly. Hmmmm. The washers are painted red, so I doubt they were picked up at the local hardware store by the previous owner. :D Or where they??? :confused:

So for the pros once again: Which FEL pivot pins should have these big red washers under their pivot pin clips and which ones should not? Or is it all at the descretion of the assembler to keep play at a minimum. :confused:

I don't believe that any of these washers are shown in the parts drawings.

Dougster

/ Was bored last night so.... #25  
Doug,
It's actually hard to say for sure.... if the washers are loose on the EClip side, then they are NOT OEM. If they are welded to the boom, and I think we did this at one time, then obviously they are. On your Skid Steer set up I would not expect to see loose washers though. Send me some pics if you can so I can get a better look at it.

/ Was bored last night so.... #26  
rback33 said:
Doug,
It's actually hard to say for sure.... if the washers are loose on the EClip side, then they are NOT OEM. If they are welded to the boom, and I think we did this at one time, then obviously they are. On your Skid Steer set up I would not expect to see loose washers though. Send me some pics if you can so I can get a better look at it.
The washers are loose and painted red... and there are no washers on the skid steer setup at all (other than the lower "washer" that's really part of the BLI tube assembly).

In the forward top portion of the boom assembly I have the following situation:
Right Front Pivot Pin - BLI Rod Assembly upper "washer" only - Very tight fit but clip is seated
Right Rear Pivot Pin - Loose Red Washer - Minimal Play - Clip seated okay
Left Front Pivot Pin - Loose Red Washer - Binding Badly - Clip half out
Left Rear Pivot Pin - No washer at all - Way too much play (I suspect this is the long pin) - Clip seated okay

Make any sense? :)

Dougster

Last edited:
   / Was bored last night so.... #27  
Dougster said:
The washers are loose and painted red... and there are no washers on the skid steer setup at all (other than the lower "washer" that's really part of the BLI tube assembly).

In the forward top portion of the boom assembly I have the following situation:
Right Front Pivot Pin - BLI Rod Assembly upper "washer" only - Very tight fit but clip is seated
Right Rear Pivot Pin - Loose Red Washer - Minimal Play - Clip seated okay
Left Front Pivot Pin - Loose Red Washer - Binding Badly - Clip half out
Left Rear Pivot Pin - No washer at all - Way too much play (I suspect this is the long pin) - Clip seated okay

Make any sense? :)

Dougster

Perfect Sense! I believe the left rear and Right Front need to be swapped. Left front should have the washer removed. I have no clue why those washers are there.:confused:

/ Was bored last night so.... #28  
rback33 said:
Perfect Sense! I believe the left rear and Right Front need to be swapped. Left front should have the washer removed. I have no clue why those washers are there.:confused:
I think you are right! :) Thanks very much for the (sanity) check! :)

Dougster