Two week wait

/ Two week wait #31  
Willman said:
I guess I was really lucky last year when I bought a brand new Bradco fixed thumb on E-Bay for half of Bradco's price. It did cost me another $100 for crating & shipping though. At that time there were two new thumbs up for auction from differant sellers. The other one was a bit more and I don't think it even sold. If I see any up for sale anywhere I'll give a heads up here on the forum.
Oh man, you are absolutely killing me with that news!!! :( Here I am begging all over the net for a used one and you got a new one at half price? :confused:

Some folks are just blessed. Then, there is me. :(

Dougster

/ Two week wait
I am still waiting on the thumb. I think I might be able to get it Monday, as it is in at a freight dock in Houston. I have been digging up some mighty big stumps and dragging them up into the boom and carrying them. It is a little wet here to do any dirt work except dig up stumps. I have tried to move some dirt, but the springs keep draining where I need to remove the dirt. Anyway, I will attach a photo of my 6520 with my trailer and truck. The 6520 is really a heavy load.
hugs, Brandi

Attachments

• Red truck, trailer, and new tractor.jpg
    Red truck, trailer, and new tractor.jpg
    228.7 KB · Views: 271
   / Two week wait #33  
Wow, some people really like red.:D That is one nice looking rig. I hope that it serves you as well as mine has for me.

/ Two week wait #34  
Yeap...red is without question your color. Very nice! Enjoy!

/ Two week wait #35  
NICE...everything. thanks for the picture.

Joe

/ Two week wait
Thanks guys. For a fogged over camera lens, the photo came out good. Red is one of my favorite colors. Right behind black and white. But nobody makes a black and white tractor and I am not into repainting something brand new.;)
hugs, Brandi

/ Two week wait #37  
bindian said:
Thanks guys. For a fogged over camera lens, the photo came out good. Red is one of my favorite colors. Right behind black and white. But nobody makes a black and white tractor and I am not into repainting something brand new. ;) hugs, Brandi
Great photo!!! Makes for perfect Windows "wallpaper" because of the fog effect... I can still clearly see my desktop icons! :) Very nice indeed!!!

I love the red on red on red... and that magnificent 511... and now I'm jealous that I don't have a trailer nearly so nice. :eek: Although I'll bet you could get three of mine for what that one cost! :D The whole set-up is nothing short of "First Class"! :cool:

Dougster

/ Two week wait #38  
bindian said:
Thanks guys. For a fogged over camera lens, the photo came out good. Red is one of my favorite colors. Right behind black and white. But nobody makes a black and white tractor and I am not into repainting something brand new.;)
hugs, Brandi

Tell that to MntViewRanch... I think he missed that memo....:D ;)

and you knew that was coming Brian... lol

BTW... good time to post the pic... I was going to make my own "two week wait" comment about pics.... :) Congrats Brandi.

/ Two week wait
Thanks guys! :) I picked up the thumb today. It is three times bigger than I pictured it to be.....and three times heavier. WOW, it was fun to install. :rolleyes: I had to pull off the 12 inch bucket and install the 24 inch bucket (for the first time) which wasn't bad. But the thumb pivots on the bucket pivot pin and is made of two huge slabs of 3/4 thick steel teeth. It was a chore to get lined up. I had to make a bullet bolt to line of the pin so the retainer bolt would line up. :( I will be leaving the 24 inch bucket on until I dig sewer lines, because to change a bucket, the thumb comes off also. The 2 foot bucket really digs faster than the 12 inch bucket. :cool: I like it, but don't care to manually stow and unstow the thumb. Especially after digging in the mud. The pins were covered in the muck. I can see a hand getting pinched. :eek: I will be pricing a hydraulic kit real soon. :D

/ Two week wait
DavesTractor said:
Brandi,
If you build a swivel knuckle, then just put quick connects on the bucket cylinder. Remove the bucket, install the digger. It will hang plumb. Remove those hoses from the bucket cylinder and attach to the hydraulic digger. Use the bucket digging lever on your right hand joystick to run the auger. You'll only need short hoses and no extra valve. Of course if you ran it all day, you will build some heat and might want bigger hoses, but a PHD is used for a minute or two, then the tractor is moved, then used again, etc. Heat shouldn't be a problem. We have done this.

Well, the hydraulic post hole digger came with a swivel knuckle,:) but the attach hole for the 1 & 3/8 inch diameter pin on the dipper stick was too small. :( I had the knuckle modified for $115,:eek: which I think was high, but Danuser wanted $199 for the swivel knuckle to fit my dipper stick. I just finished clamping the lines back after installing quick disconnets today. I didn't think to have 5-6 inches removed from the lines, :rolleyes: as that is what the new fittings and quick disconnects added. It took awhile to figure the right place for the line flexing at the dipperstick pivot. :confused: I finally drilled holes and installed aircraft line clamps and spacers and clamped both lines together above the disconnects. Anyway, I didn't have any leaks :cool: and CRC spray on brake cleaner (used as a degreaser & cleaner) eats paint.:eek: I usually use LPS electical contact cleaner, but Graingers was out. :mad: Attached is a photo of the installation. I will have to add a rubber chafe strip under the disconnects while in transport position, as they rub the dipperstick. Right now they are wrapped in leather.
Oh yeah, my aluminum diamond plate canopy fianlly came in. :cool: Attached is a photo of the canopy.
hugs, Brandi

Attachments

• 4-21-07 Quick disconnects for the post hole digger.jpg
    4-21-07 Quick disconnects for the post hole digger.jpg
    358.8 KB · Views: 184
  • 4-19-07 Canopy finally installed.jpg
    4-19-07 Canopy finally installed.jpg
    564.1 KB · Views: 186