Quickattach change over

/ Quickattach change over #1  

Slippy

Veteran Member
Tractor
Mahindra 6000 4wd; IH x2; NHTC40DSS; International 1086; JD 5115M
I am going to change my 6000 fix attach Great Bend loader over to a skid steer QA. I am getting help from other posters and will keep all interested updated as I proceed. Thought I would start with a pic of the loader as it is attached now. I understand I will need certain parts to make the change over. My initial thanks to Galen for getting me on the right path.

Attachments

• Mahindra3-06-07-03rs.jpg
    Mahindra3-06-07-03rs.jpg
    51.5 KB · Views: 303
   / Quickattach change over
First time I have ever been able to get pic uploaded. Finally figured out how to do it, which requires making it smaller first. I think I got the first one too small. Try again.

Attachments

• Mahindra3-06-07-03rs2.jpg
    Mahindra3-06-07-03rs2.jpg
    177.8 KB · Views: 272
Ok, I'm having too much fun now. Now I can draw on the picture. I have drawn a blue line around one of the tabs that have to be cut off the bucket to make room for the plate to weld on. Galen, I hope I got this right.

Attachments

• Mahindra3-06-07-03rs2 (2)b.JPG
    Mahindra3-06-07-03rs2 (2)b.JPG
    158.7 KB · Views: 289
   / Quickattach change over #4  
Slippy, I am going to watch what you are doing because I've been thinking of doing the same thing. Who is Galen? Is he from Great Bend?
I looked at the ATI Website ATI Corporation - Tach-All(tm) Quick Attach and saw that they have an Attachment Plate that can be welded on to convert an OEM bucket to a Skid Steer once the bucket attachment brackets are removed. Is that basically what you are doing?

/ Quickattach change over #5  
I was unable to come up with the part number for the GB Skid Steer QA. I called everyone I know of that would have dealt with that and no one remembers...

/ Quickattach change over #6  
2 years ago I saw a 4110 at my dealer that had the QA loader and a 6' bucket and ordered both for my older (2001) 4110 - it had come with a standard loader with a 5' bucket. I dedicated the new bucket to strictly handling materials & grading and converted the old bucket to QA to use as my "rough duty" bucket. I have forks made for the old bucket and I beefed it up with plate steel to knock trees over etc. Anyway, I shopped around a little and bought a QA plate and had my welder cut the tangs off the old bucket and weld the QA plate on. I was living in Florida at the time and the best deal I found on the plate was a place in Deland - I paid $165 for it. Of course a little later I saw one advertised somewhere for $125 but oh well.

You've got the tab circled in your picture - I assume you will be cutting all of them off ? My QA plate is just that - a full plate, and it is welded flush up to the back of my bucket. I did have one problem with my QA system - it seems the lugs that drop down thru the holes to lock the adapter to the plate are a little too short and have a tapered edge and would allow the bucket to come loose when back-dragging a heavy load. I simply drilled a hole in each locking plate and put a 5/16" pin held in with a hairpin to keep it all where it's supposed to be. Only takes an extra minute to to remove & install these pins but I think the manufacturer goofed a little. Mine is a KMW loader, your GB might be just fine. Good luck with your project !!

rback33...thanks for checking. I have narrowed it down to one of two part numbers50044353 or 50044379. You can actually go up on Bush Hogs web site and do a part number on line check. It really is pretty nice. No details or picture of these two parts come up. There is also a link to Great Bend products.

Weldingisfun...yes. I now understand that the back of the bucket needs to be smooth. The photo with the blue line was supposed to represent just the one side. Yes, it mush come off both sides and the lip to the left of what I have circled will need to come off as well.

Skipmarcy...yes, they all have to be cut off. Sounds like you successfully made the switch. I am considering the possibility of purchasing another bucket, but what do I do with the old one. Seems like a waste. Plus, I have money in the toothbar and iron on top that provides strength.

/ Quickattach change over #8  
weldingisfun said:
Who is Galen? Is he from Great Bend?

He's one of the Mahindra dealers on TBN that has helped many of us.

Galen LaWall
Your Mahindra Tractor Dealer
185 Pearl Street
Batavia, New York 14020

Yeap, thats correct. Sorry I missed that. He has been very kind and helpful. His call sign on this site is LAWALLSTRACTOR. I actually spoke with him for the first time yesterday and he was out of town but still very interested in his tractor related business and very pleasant to talk with.

/ Quickattach change over #10  
I have the QA on my loader. You will like it! I purchased my 6500 with it.

I have converted an old bucket so it will mount on the QA. I would be glad to take pics, get dimensions, etc. of the loader part or the implements, if it would help you. Just send me a PM.