6500 4WD

/ 6500 4WD #1  

Mike in La.

Tractor
6500 4x4 FEL
Took delivery of a new 6500 4WD last week. It is an awesome machine. Had a few minor problems that the dealer is now taking care of such as: the fuel gauge doesn't work. I searched for the sending unit and couldn't locate it. Looks like they'll have to remove the dash assembly to get at it.....The manifold heater didn't time out as it should and remained energized all the time, I disconnected the relay to de-energize it but the indicator light still remains on.....suspect it is mis-wired. Now here's a question: When the engine is initially started, the alternator charge light remains lit until the until the engine is bumped off of idle.....doesn't do it every time. Anyone else noticed this? This appears to be a well built machine with plenty of power. I've only put around eight hours on it doing minor work with the front end loader to limber up the engine and will keep you posted.
Have a great day!
Mike Hanson
NRA Life Member

/ 6500 4WD #2  
Congratulations on the new tractor!

Yes, I have seen some tractors that do the same with the charge light. Not sure why it does that but I wouldn't worry about it.

/ 6500 4WD #3  
My 6000 does the same thing. There is an explanation, but can't remember all the details. Not had any battery or electrical problems I know of due to the condition. I have had mine over 4 years now. Congrats. Nice machine. They are work horses.

/ 6500 4WD #4  
Congrats on your new 6500. It is an awesome mid size tractor with some beef so you can get some serious work done with a balance of time management. I have not had any problems with my 6500.

/ 6500 4WD #5  
My 97' 485 DI did the same thing with the charge light indicator. On mine, IF you DID NOT SEE THE LIGHT COME ON AT FIRST START UP, WITH ENGINE AT IDLE, then the bulb was blown (only happened once in the 2 years that I owned it). Dealer told me that if the bulb blows out, the charging system would quit working. He said that he didn't know why, but that was how it was. Boy was he correct! I liked to went through **** trying to figure out what the problem was!

I miss my Mahindra Very, Very much. I wish I never would have sold it. Family and friends now say those famous words that hurt way down deep, "I TOLD YOU SO"!

Travis R

P.S.....(I'm still gonna buy Mahindra apparel though. Even though I now own a Yanmar, my Mahindra hats are still laid out on the dresser and my key chains are still on my key rings!) And if I may add- THEY AIN'T GOIN' ANYWHERE!

/ 6500 4WD #6  
Bet that engine is a real brute......congrats.....would love to try one out.:)