6520 4WD vs. 7520 4WD

/ 6520 4WD vs. 7520 4WD #1  

brisimon

Tractor
7520 4WD
Hello everyone from this first-timer! What a great forum this is for those in dire need of education, such as myself.

Here's my question, with a preface: I'm seriously looking at purchasing a Mahindra for my small farming / logging operation and had come down to the 6520 4WD as the best HP / loader choice for my budget and needs, but the dealer I have been speaking with has an '05 7520 4WD on site with about 12 hours on it, and he's offering it for the same price as a brand new 6520, with the same warranty and financing options.

Finally the question: Is this a no-brainer because of the added power / hydraulics or does the 6520 actually have some advantages over the 7520? I can use all the HP and loader speed I can afford with my logging activities. Besides the skidding and piling of logs in the fall and winter, the tractor will also be used for cutting and baling hay for the summer months.

/ 6520 4WD vs. 7520 4WD #2  
It's a no brainer go 7520! Just make sure you're getting a full warranty!
Most dealers warranty slightly used or demo tractors exactly the same as new. Make sure you're getting that warranty.

/ 6520 4WD vs. 7520 4WD
Thanks so much for the quick feedback, jwcinpk.

Since I first posted my question, I thought of a followup or maybe a better way of phrasing my question - have any significant enhancements been made since the '05 models that might make a brand new 6520 better than a kinda new '05 7520?

/ 6520 4WD vs. 7520 4WD #4  
Agreed with the above response. If it still has the 3 year warranty and it's the same price as a 6520 it's a no brainer. Just make sure you receive a warranty card to make sure you still have the same warranty as a new tractor would.

/ 6520 4WD vs. 7520 4WD #5  
If you don't buy it, let me know, that's of course if he is giving you the lower cost of the 6520, and not the higher cost of the 7520. The only other consideration is if you are going to be hauling the tractor due to increased size and weight.

/ 6520 4WD vs. 7520 4WD #6  
brisimon said:
Thanks so much for the quick feedback, jwcinpk.

Since I first posted my question, I thought of a followup or maybe a better way of phrasing my question - have any significant enhancements been made since the '05 models that might make a brand new 6520 better than a kinda new '05 7520?

I don't believe there have been any model changes that you will miss out on. I would count myself lucky if I were u....

/ 6520 4WD vs. 7520 4WD
Slippy said:
If you don't buy it, let me know, that's of course if he is giving you the lower cost of the 6520, and not the higher cost of the 7520. The only other consideration is if you are going to be hauling the tractor due to increased size and weight.

It appears this deal is about to happen! Given the deal I am being offered, I prefer not to divulge the details to protect the dealer's interests, but it is a better deal than I expected, even for a 6520, so I think the price is great. I won't be hauling the tractor very often, if at all, and shipping was included in the price, so we are covered on that front. Thanks for the input!