00 problems?

/ 00 problems? #1  

jwcinpk

Veteran Member
Tractor
2009 Mahindra 3316 HST-2008 Mahindra 7010 cab - 2004 Mahindra 6000 4X4
Has anyone heard of any problems with the lining on the 00 series fuel tank? I heard a rumor the other day that some of the 00 series is having fuel tank lining problems.
I'd especially like to hear from dealers who have these out in service. Personally mine has pretty close to 600 hours and no fuel tank problems.
I know other brands "people" like to start rumors and I'd like to nip them so to speak.

/ 00 problems? #2  
I have seen one tank that had some very thin pieces of plastic in it but I couldn't tell you if it was from the tank lining or some kids putting trash in the tank.

We've sold many 00 Series and this is the only tractor I've seen this issue on. 1 out of several hundred isn't something I would call a "problem" though.

Glad to hear your 00 Series is still running strong!

/ 00 problems? #3  
One of the first tractors I sold had the problem and that was a 2001 model. Some time in 2002 Mahindra corrected the problem and I haven't seen the problem since.

/ 00 problems? #4  
Yes. I had that problem on mine. I bought it in late 02, but think it was 2001 model year. Dealer took care of it, no problem. I think they took the tank off, used some kind of cleaner, and reinstalled. As I recall it was the paint comming off the inside of the tank. It happened within the 1st year of so, no problems since. My guess is that if you have not had problems at this point, hopefully you won't.