2615 rear hydraulic remotes?

/ 2615 rear hydraulic remotes? #1  

BamaRob

Gold Member
Tractor
Mahindra 2615 4WD
Anyone got rear remotes on a 2615? Does Mahindra offer rear remotes on the 15 series? I've ordered a 48" Millonzi grapple for my loader. Considering the price of an electric hydraulic valve kit to go on the joystick ($500+ from WR Long), plus the fact that I'd like to have rear remotes to control a hydraulic top link (that I'll purchase some day :)), I'm thinking of controlling the grapple from rear remotes. After reading some of the posts by other TBN members that have this setup (specifically, IslandTractor w/ his Kioti), I don't think it'd be too much of an inconvenience having to remove my hand from the loader joystick to control the grapple. If it becomes a problem, I can always add the valve kit to the joystick later.

Anyhow, I just called my Mahindra dealer to inquire about a set of rear remotes. They said they'd never put a set on a 2615 and didn't think that Mahindra offered a set. He said I'd likely have to go with a 3rd party kit. So, does Mahindra offer a rear remote kit for the 2615? If not, what would you recommend?

Thanks,

BR

/ 2615 rear hydraulic remotes? #2  
Single Spool Auxiliary Valve for the 2615....
Part # SVDC237
If you would like a price you can pm me.
Rick

/ 2615 rear hydraulic remotes? #3  
The WR Long valve is the way to go, but expensive. We always use them when mounting a front loader type implement. You want to keep your hand on the joystick. But if you are coordinated, :rolleyes: you can go the other route. Rick at Wallace has mentioned the factory remote, or you can just mount a 3-spool on the fender.

/ 2615 rear hydraulic remotes? #4  
BamaRob,
I just ordered the WR Long third function kit on Wed. I should get it sometime next week. The kit cost $519 with an option for an additional bulkhead kit for $86 which includes brackets and quick connects (not sure what else). Total with taxes ended up costing me $656.43, so yes, kind of expensive but I think it will be worth it in the long run.

If you don't mind saying, how much did the 48" Millonzi Grapple cost you?

Joe

/ 2615 rear hydraulic remotes? #5  
Hey Rob. I have the single rear remote on my 2615 HST. It is only a single spool however, which suits me fine. It is a Mahindra unit and in my opinion looks slicker than the after market units. That's my 2 cents.

John

/ 2615 rear hydraulic remotes?
GIJOE said:
If you don't mind saying, how much did the 48" Millonzi Grapple cost you?
Joe

I don't mind at all, and I'm sure Joe@Millonzi (he's a member here @ TBN) would be happy to give you a quote on a grapple. I'm still working on getting all the details to Joe, so the final figure will vary some, I'm sure. He told me that their price on the Grapple_LD_48 to TBN members was $695. There will be ~$100 to modify the hitch for my loader and ~$100-$120 for shipping. So, I'm looking at ~$900 when it's all said and done.

The quote I got from WR Long for the Electric Hydraulic Valve Kit was $519.00, plus $52.00 for the quick connects. Don't know what shipping will be for that.

Please forgive my ignorance, but what does the $86 "additional bulkhead kit" buy you? WR Long quoted the quick connects at $52, so what's included in the additional bulkhead kit for the extra $34?

With your total of $656.43 for the valve kit, plus the grapple from Millonzi, I'm looking at $1500-$1600. That's extremely difficult to justify!

I'll probably PM Wallace so I can have a number to compare.

Thanks,

BR

/ 2615 rear hydraulic remotes? #7  
Originally Posted by BamaRob
Please forgive my ignorance, but what does the $86 "additional bulkhead kit" buy you? WR Long quoted the quick connects at $52, so what's included in the additional bulkhead kit for the extra $34?

I was told it included a loader specific mounting bracket to mount the valve, a pair of quick connects, and I think maybe some hoses. The kit should be in this week. When I get it, I will let you know exactly what it includes, and if it was worth the extra money.

/ 2615 rear hydraulic remotes?
GIJOE said:
I was told it included a loader specific mounting bracket to mount the valve, a pair of quick connects, and I think maybe some hoses. The kit should be in this week. When I get it, I will let you know exactly what it includes, and if it was worth the extra money.

Yeah, I talked with someone at WR Long yesterday. If I understood correctly, for $438 + shipping, the Selector Valve Kit comes with pretty much everything needed; loader specific mounting bracket, quick connects, push button joystick handle, and hoses. The fellow I talked to got my Mahindra dealer's (Artec Tractor - Nauvoo, AL) number and was calling them to get the needed measurements for my loader (ML 106) and to see if they were interested in becoming a dealer for WR Long. I called my salesman at Artec immediately after getting off the phone with WR Long and he said that his parts manager was on the phone with WR Long. They sure didn't beat around the bushes. :D Hopefully, I'll get a call from Artec today saying they've ordered the kit.

After pricing the individual components, I don't think I could have beaten that price by more than $80-$100 and would have had to fabricate my own mounting bracket, take measurements for hoses, and source it all myself. With my inexperience, getting a kit that "Just Works" is easily worth $100.

Later,

BR

/ 2615 rear hydraulic remotes? #9  
Originally Posted by BamaRob
If I understood correctly, for $438 + shipping, the Selector Valve Kit comes with pretty much everything needed; loader specific mounting bracket, quick connects, push button joystick handle, and hoses.

It sounds like you've chosen not to go with the third function valve kit. On the selector valve kit, when you push the red button on the joy stick the hydraulic fluid is diverted from the up and down motion of the loader arms or the curl (depending on how it's installed) to the open and close motion of the grapple.

My kit came in yesterday.
The valve kit includes: the valve w/ mounting bracket and quick connects installed, joy stick knob w/ switch, 10 amp in-line fuse, 3/8" hose to hook up to power beyond circuit, and two 1/4" hoses to run from quick connects on the valve to loader cross arm.

The bulkhead kit includes: a bracket to weld onto the loader cross arm, a second set of quick connects to be installed onto weld on bracket, and two shorter 1/4" hoses to connect from the quick connects to the grapple.

Hope that helps.