Did a dumb thing

/ Did a dumb thing #1  

lil red

Well I was so excited about driving my 2015 when I went to back out of the garage I forgot to put it in Reverse!!!!!!! it jumped forward I hit the clutch, to late. The front of the hood hit my vice on the work bench and punched a nice DENT in it. I thought I was going to have to hurt myself for being so stupid. Now my nice new (about 6mo) tractor has a big dent, Question can I unbolt the hood and take it to a car shop and have it undented and painted?
lilred.....

/ Did a dumb thing #2  
Woops! Happens to the best of us so don't feel bad. I scraped the front of my pickup truck the other year when I came around the barn with 3 hay wagons. Didn't swing out far enough and the last wagon hit the RF corner of the truck.

As far as a body shop fixing it I don't see why not. Sheet metal's sheet metal. Be it on a car, truck or tractor.

/ Did a dumb thing #3  
lil red said:
Well I was so excited about driving my 2015 when I went to back out of the garage I forgot to put it in Reverse!!!!!!! it jumped forward I hit the clutch, to late. The front of the hood hit my vice on the work bench and punched a nice DENT in it. I thought I was going to have to hurt myself for being so stupid. Now my nice new (about 6mo) tractor has a big dent, Question can I unbolt the hood and take it to a car shop and have it undented and painted?
lilred.....

Depending on the serverity, I would call it experience and let it go. Make up some story about how you were pushing over this HUGE tree at (insert imaginary friend)'s house and and that little tractor knocked it down WAY easier than expected (all that weight and power) and you hit the tree before you knew it. This only works if you have a loader though.....:D

/ Did a dumb thing #4  
lil red
I operate my Mahindra dealership and an automotive collision shop. Yes you can remove the hood and have it repaired. I have done it a few times. Also check the price of a new hood before you get it repaired you wouldn't want to pay more for a repair than the cost of new. I don't have them handy right now but if you need them I have the Dupont paint numbers. If you need the numbers just let me know.

/ Did a dumb thing #5  
Sorry to hear about the damage to your tractor, I've only had my tractor for a week and after unloading my rotary mower from my pickup with my FEL , I was concerned that it was going to swing back into my hood which is made of plastic. I decide right then on getting a grille guard to protect my front end, called my dealer and ordered one,$175.00 may prove to be good insurance. The best thing is the wife can't say anything and remember they have a very long memory. I'm not sure but from the picture of your model tractor you could add one.

/ Did a dumb thing #6  
lil red said:
lilred.....

There, now your an official tractor operator, welcome to the club, if it makes you feel any better just do a search for the words stupid, dumb, idiot and you'll probably find us all there at one time or another.

Steve

/ Did a dumb thing #7  
lil red said:
lilred.....

I feel your pain. I've experienced it!

After driving tractors older than me for nearly 50 years, I finally bought my first-ever new tractor -- also a 2015.

Within a few days of getting it, I had a big load of junk in the loader bucket. I lifted it a little too high, and tilted back a little too much. A big rock tumbled out onto my hood.

I think you can imagine my dismay. When I went into the house in less than a happy mood, my wonderful wife said "What's the big deal? It's just a tractor!"

Sheesh. I'm glad we have TBN to compare our misery.

/ Did a dumb thing #8  
I dont know if this makes you feel better or not. I had been looking at diesel trucks for a long long time. I got a chance to get a chevrolet duramax for a very good price. I went the whole route, bose stereo, heated leather seats etc. I bought it on a saturday. On the way to my house they had been mowing and had a man working sign on the road to my house. It had been there for a few days even though they were not working still. I misjudged the size of my 3/4 ton chevrolet versus my ford ranger. I put a scratch from the middle of the rear door all the way to the end of the truck. I was not a happy camper. Luckly for me a body shop that I had done buisness with was able to fill in the scratch with paint and not have to paint a big section of the side.

/ Did a dumb thing #9  
lil red said:
lilred.....
We've all been there. A couple weeks back I managed to hit the otherwise-pristine rear bumper of my daily driver with the cutting edge of my snowplow. I was on a hill and I badly misjudged the horizontal protrusion of the cutting edge from my plow markers. What an idiot!

I say pay the price and get it fixed right. :) What the heck... it's only money! :)

Dougster

/ Did a dumb thing #10  
Back in 1987 in upstate NY my friend Joe bought a new Chevy 4x4, it had a pushbutton 4-wheel drive engagement. On the way home from the dealer in a snowstorm he went to push the (lighter, radio, heater, I don't exactly recall) button and disengaged the 4WD instead and slid right into a snowbank. He turned around and took it back to the dealer's body shop.

/Todd