Snow Snowblower for 2015HST

/ Snowblower for 2015HST #1  

hockeymaine

Any recommendations for a snowblower for the 2015 HST? I have long driveway with a wall. It is slow with front end loader. Any idea on cost also?

/ Snowblower for 2015HST #2  
A 3 pt. blower would work well for your driveway with a wall. Just go slow when backing into heavy snow. Backing too fast into heavy snow is a good way to bust a shear pin either on the blower or PTO shafts. A 3 pt. blower should be at least as wide or slightly wider than your rear tracks. My 2615HST is 59" wide and I use a 64" wide PUMA blower. I mainly use the loader in float and just push like a plow then lift and dump, turn around and go the other way, lift and dump. The first half of our snow season I plow with the loader and only use the blower as rear weight. From middle to end of season I may or may not use the blower. It depends on how much snow we get at the time.
There are many good brands of blowers. I'd say new 3 pt. blowers in the size you need would range from $1200-1800. I don't know if there is a front mount blower made to fit the 2015 but front mount units are more expensive.

/ Snowblower for 2015HST
I got a price of $1500 for a Meteor 51". Anyone have experience with this brand? Price seems in line to me.

/ Snowblower for 2015HST #4  
I used a 51" meteor this year. Once I lined it with UWMW polyethylene, it hasn't clogged at all even with wet snow. I'm very pleased with it, especially since I found it locally on ebay used for a little more than a third of the price you found. New, a local dealer wanted nearly $1700. My yanmar tractor is 15HP, an did OK with it, but a little more HP would be a plus.

If you search for 51" meteor, you'll find a thread about how I added the PE.

Attachments

• snowblower1.jpg
    snowblower1.jpg
    466.6 KB · Views: 192
   / Snowblower for 2015HST #5  
I sell the Meteor and they have been trouble free so far.

/ Snowblower for 2015HST #6  
Hockeymaine,
Here's a couple more pictures of the meteor in action. I really like the loader, rear blower combination with the little yanmar and fairly short driveway.

Hi Galen,
I actually took a drive out your way last weekend because I was curious to see a Mahindra up close. The place was closed, so I meandered around back to see what implements you have and saw your meteor. It's in much better shape than mine. It looks like a newer model with a bit smaller chute. I saw some larger Mahindras. Do you also sell the smaller units like the 2015?

Craig

Attachments

• more_seat_time_2.jpg
    more_seat_time_2.jpg
    152.7 KB · Views: 176
  • more_seat_time_3.jpg
    more_seat_time_3.jpg
    173.4 KB · Views: 172
  • snowblowing_ym155.jpg
    snowblowing_ym155.jpg
    151.1 KB · Views: 181
   / Snowblower for 2015HST #7  
Craig
Yes I handle the smaller ones. I just recieved a shipment that had a 1815 HST w/loader a 2015 HST w/loader a 2415 HST w/loader and a 4530 w/SKC loader. I hope to move them out quickly and get in another shipment. I'm glad to here you stopped out. I'm sorry things were in a bit of disaray but when this snow goes away I will get things in better order. Stop out again when you get a chance. I most generally am open on Saturdays from 9:00 to 3:00. And can also make evening and Sunday appointments. Take care.