Oil & Fuel Oil for Mahindra?

/ Oil for Mahindra? #1  

ditzel

Silver Member
Tractor
Mahindra 2615 Gear
Just bought a used Mahindra 2615 with the mitsubishi diesel. The owners manual says to use 10w 30 oil. What weight and brand oil do you use.
Can I use the same Rotella 15w40 that I use in my duramax.
Thanks,
Tom

/ Oil for Mahindra? #2  
If it calls for a 10W/30 then that is what I would use. You can get Rotella in 10W/30 and 15W/40 viscosity's.

/ Oil for Mahindra? #3  
ditzel,

What kind of temps are you running in? I have a 2615 and use Delo 15/40 year round in my truck and tractor here in Northern California. Read the manual again. Mine specifically recommends 15/40 Delo, Rotella etc. And I would guess that if you run 15/40 year round in your Duramax it would be fine in the Mahindra.

Also, you might want to try posting in the Mahindra discussion group if you think it is a Mahindra related question.

HangtownMatt

/ Oil for Mahindra? #4  
I use 15/40 weight. At my last oil change I used Valvoline.

Also, when it comes to your front axle fluid - Mahindra has changed from gear oil to Hydraulic fluid.

/ Oil for Mahindra? #5  
When we service Mahindra's we use Rotella 15w 40

/ Oil for Mahindra? #6  
I now use 5W-40 Rotella Synthetic in my 2615 and Duramax because of the winters we have here. 15W40 is fine for summer.

/ Oil for Mahindra? #7  
AchingBack said:
I use 15/40 weight. At my last oil change I used Valvoline.

Also, when it comes to your front axle fluid - Mahindra has changed from gear oil to Hydraulic fluid.

I am wondering about "changed from gear oil to hydraulic fluid." If I can remember till last fall, I think I used gear oil in front. Are you indicating that one should change front axle to hydraulic fluid?

Cheers....Coffeeman

/ Oil for Mahindra? #8  
coffeeman said:
I am wondering about "changed from gear oil to hydraulic fluid." If I can remember till last fall, I think I used gear oil in front. Are you indicating that one should change front axle to hydraulic fluid?

Cheers....Coffeeman
Yes, coffeeman. Hydraulic fluid. I just completed my 200 hr. service. My dealer told me to use it instead of gear oil.

/ Oil for Mahindra? #9  
Our Kubota's owner's manual also calls for 10-30, and the only place I could find it was the Kubota dealer, but our local WallyMart just started carrying Rotella-T 10-30.

/ Oil for Mahindra? #10  
"Also, when it comes to your front axle fluid - Mahindra has changed from gear oil to Hydraulic fluid."

Can the hydraulic fluid can be used in the front axle of 2015? Thanks.