quick tach plates on 00 series and incompatible attachments

/ quick tach plates on 00 series and incompatible attachments #1  

Tim_in_IA

Platinum Member
Tractor
Kubota B7610HSD, Mahindra 6500 4WD, JD 440ic crawler, 2 560 farmalls.
I've finally got around to getting a FEL bale spear for my quick tach on a 6500 and I get it home and the spears bolt interferes with the flat plate on my quick tach. I had bought a king kutter bale spear and I just had to return it since I didn't feel like modifying each of them.

Has anyone run into this with the Mahindra quick taches and anyone know of brands of bale spears that work? I am looking at worksaver now and some other brands.

Thanks!
-Tim

/ quick tach plates on 00 series and incompatible attachments #2  
Tim: What QA do you have on your 6500? Did you get it from Mahindra? Is it a KMW? I just got a QA kit from Great Bend (Bush Hog) for my 6000. I got a bail spear, forks, etc from Fabrications Unlimited ( rootgrapple.com ) and they all work fine. Nice products. If you look at some of my latest posts I have pictures of the products.

/ quick tach plates on 00 series and incompatible attachments #3  
I've got the pin type QA and everything had to be modified to fit on my 6000. Dealer did it all at time of purchase, but even the Mahindra supplied stuff had to have new holes cut in the frames for the pins to line up.

/ quick tach plates on 00 series and incompatible attachments
I have the QA from mahindra. I'll try to find a picture.

this is probably the best I can do for a picture without taking a new one. You can see that it is 1 solid unit and does not have an open area like Slippy's.

Attachments

• IMG_3767.JPG
    IMG_3767.JPG
    63.6 KB · Views: 227
   / quick tach plates on 00 series and incompatible attachments #6  
Yours is different from mine. My understanding was that your type was compatible with all skid steer type attachments.

jwcinpk said:
Yours is different from mine. My understanding was that your type was compatible with all skid steer type attachments.

I think it should be but maybe the guys at king kutter skimped on the metal a bit and made something that would work for 80% of the people out there.

I just put an order in for a 2 spear worksaver model that should do the trick. While I was at it I figured what the heck and ordered a horst 3700lb set of forks.

My wife is just happy she will not see me trying to lift something with a chain again. :)

/ quick tach plates on 00 series and incompatible attachments #8  
Here are pictures of mine before it was installed. You can see the cross member on mine is round. One of the pictures actually has the part number on it. But again, mine is for a Great Bend loader. I also put in pictures of forks and bail spear.

Attachments

• mini-QA Equipment-13.jpg
    mini-QA Equipment-13.jpg
    111.3 KB · Views: 188
  • mini-QA Equipment-15.jpg
    mini-QA Equipment-15.jpg
    69.2 KB · Views: 177
  • mini-QA Equipment-20.jpg
    mini-QA Equipment-20.jpg
    88.6 KB · Views: 182
  • mini-QA Equipment-22.jpg
    mini-QA Equipment-22.jpg
    84.4 KB · Views: 171
  • mini-QA Equipment-23.jpg
    mini-QA Equipment-23.jpg
    117.9 KB · Views: 190
   / quick tach plates on 00 series and incompatible attachments #9  
Had the same problem when I got my 6500 -- dealer proposed a Woods bale spear, but then found the nut interference problem with that. He arranged for the local Gehl dealer to provide an Edge spear that fits fine. The Gehl dealer who sells a LOT of skid steers said it is all too common. Seems that while there are some standards for the top rail interface and the pins (location and size) every manufacturer's version of how to tie all those together is different and every implement manufacturer fits his design to one or two and calls it "universal" even though it isn't. He said bale spears seemed to be the most common problem since they often have a nut sticking back into where a solid plate (like the KMW adapter) would be. I've tried every skid steer attachment that contractors have brought onto my place building the shop and barn and they all have fit -- even the ones I don't have the extra front hydraulics for ....

VistanTN,

Thanks this helps a bit. Had an email saying that my forks and spears are ready to pick up. Will bring the truck to work tomorrow and pick em up. Hopefully smooth sailing.....