Cuz-Pat: My Mahindra 7520...I am sick of it!!!

/ Cuz-Pat: My Mahindra 7520...I am sick of it!!! #11  
Cuz-Pat,
I am sure Mahindra will solve the problems with your tractor. I could not agree more when you stated that when you save,borrow and scrounge to obtain the money to buy a tractor, or any product for that matter, and it does not work the way it should.
I do not blame you for being upset over the problems experienced, but you have purchased one of the better tractors on the market, don't second guess yourself. John Deere and Kubota have problems as well, some of these are more severe than what you have experienced. I have a few problems with my tractor that is minor in the big picture, but they could be solved by the dealer who has yet to fix it.
S.F.

/ Cuz-Pat: My Mahindra 7520...I am sick of it!!! #12  
My friend traded his Kubota in for a Mahindra (I think it is the same model as yours but I am not positive). The last time I talked to him I asked how he liked it and he is a good guy who never shows any hint of being upset but he let loose about his Mahindra. His main problem is the same as yours where the tractor starts running real rough and he has to shut it down. When he starts it up again it runs better for a few minutes and starts running rough again. His dealer is a joke and something I worried about as soon as I seen him open up. He won't bring the tractor in for repair and keeps telling my friend to work the tractor until its next service interval then bring it in. My friend won't use the tractor anymore because every time he uses it he has this problem and is just plain fed up with the thing. Mahindra has a problem with this model and if they don't fix it soon and keep their owners happy it will come back to bite them. Good luck to you and your tractor.

/ Cuz-Pat: My Mahindra 7520...I am sick of it!!! #13  
MUSA advised the dealers with a TSB (tech service bulliten) a long time ago regarding the KSB issue. It's a simple fix and I have never seen it fail to fix the problem. It takes just a few minutes. Of course if the replacement KSB is from old stock...it's not really been fixed. A good dealer should have no problem fixing this. The frustrated friend mentioned above should not sit idle and be frustrated. Call the dealer. If that doesn't help, contact me and I will pass the info on to MUSA.

Interesting that a nickle and dime part can make a hotrod tractor like the 7520 run like junk. I suspect MUSA is adequately embarrassed by this and has solved the problem with the supplier.

Yes I am a dealer, but I've also used a 7520 personally. I did have one of the early ones that had this problem. I was quite discouraged at first. Not anymore, these things are beasts!

/ Cuz-Pat: My Mahindra 7520...I am sick of it!!! #14  
I'd have to agree with Dave, it really sounds like a KSB timer issue.

As always, I could be wrong.

I've had units in the past that I've had to replace the KSB timers multiple times because they kept going bad. All these units that had KSB timer issue would smoke, spit, sputter and run rough once the throttle was around 1500-2000+ rpms. Does your unit smoke and sputter when it is at an idle?

Out of curiosity when was your unit purchased and when was the last time they replaced the KSB sensor?

I would ask the dealer to look into the problem and check things other than the timing on the pump. If I'm correct, they have checked it, adjusted it and it fixed the issue for a short period then it started again....they need to further investigate the issue and not just stop it for smoking momentarily and give it back to you.

/ Cuz-Pat: My Mahindra 7520...I am sick of it!!! #16  
Farmerboy said:
What does KSB stand for?
Kick Someone's Behind?
In this situtaion it appears that some KSB as defined above is warranted.

/ Cuz-Pat: My Mahindra 7520...I am sick of it!!!
Dave,
When you talk about the KSB timer do you mean the KSB Sensor or relay that has a built in timer and you also get a jumper wire with the kit? My dealer gave me a new relay/sensor that has the built in timer and a jumper wire back when this problem first started. I brought it home and went to install it and found that the jumper wire and sensor were already on the tractor. I went ahead and removed the old sensor and jumper wire, installed the new one and the problem is still there. After doing this is when the dealer started adjusting the timing on the pump. Dealer told me this afternoon that they had re-adjusted the pump again and are gonna put the tractor on a dyno tomorrow.

Redriver,
My dealer has worked on this tractor 3 or 4 times since I purchased new from them. I am in no way skipping over my dealer to go to Mahindra. The dealer has been very good at trying to get all these problems corrected. Only because of this thread has a Mahindra rep contacted me. I will continue to work with my dealer on getting all the info to him that is needed so that he can work on all these problems.

It just gets extremely frustrating when you spend this amount of your hard earned money on a product and then have so many aggravating problems from it.

/ Cuz-Pat: My Mahindra 7520...I am sick of it!!! #18  
CuzPat62 said:
My dealer has worked on this tractor 3 or 4 times since I purchased new from them. I am in no way skipping over my dealer to go to Mahindra. The dealer has been very good at trying to get all these problems corrected. Only because of this thread has a Mahindra rep contacted me. I will continue to work with my dealer on getting all the info to him that is needed so that he can work on all these problems.
You are a patient, loyal and trusting man CuzPat. I would be looking for a new dealer by now. Of course that's easy for me to say now that I've got my choice of 3 instead of one. :rolleyes:

CuzPat62 said:
It just gets extremely frustrating when you spend this amount of your hard earned money on a product and then have so many aggravating problems from it.
And it's even worse when you are talking about the company's flagship product. :(

Dougster

/ Cuz-Pat: My Mahindra 7520...I am sick of it!!! #19  
"I will continue to work with my dealer on getting all the info to him that is needed so that he can work on all these problems."

What more information could they need?

I fail to understand your loyalty to a dealer that is not fixing your problem. We as dealers are here to fix customers issues and be the inbetween man between the customer and Mahindra. If the dealers mechanics can't fix the problem perhaps they need to contact Mahindra with further assistance?

As a customer all you should be expected to do is drop the tractor off at the dealer and tell him the symptoms of the problems you're having (as if they aren't obvious).....then it should be up to them to troubleshoot and permanently correct the issue.

I hope you don't feel like I'm talking bad about your dealer, I just fail to see why they aren't taking the repair one step further instead of repeatedly readjusting the pump.

Best of luck to you! Hopefully this will be resolved soon!

/ Cuz-Pat: My Mahindra 7520...I am sick of it!!!
Dave & RedRiver,
I posted previously that the dealer had worked on my tractor 3 or 4 times. This is since I purchased it on July 28, 2006. All of these times have not been on the smoking issue. The first couple of times they were fixing all the other things that had gone wrong with it and they did get all those issues taken care of. I ran a disc mower back in the late summer and mowed about 40 acres of hay with the tractor. I then rolled about 80 rolls of hay with it. After getting the hay done, I put my bush-hog (rotary cutter) behind it and bush-hogged about 50 acres of pasture in the fall. The tractor NEVER smoked not one single time throughout all of this. Then when winter got here I started using it to put out rolls of hay for my cows with the bale spear attached to the tractor. When the cold weather got here is when the smoking problem first appeared. It would smoke a bluish-gray color smoke and then stop. Then it would start again. I then alerted the dealer. He told me that there was a bulletin on this problem and the old sensor in the tractor needed to be removed and a jumper wire and timer relay needed to be installed. When I was down at his dealership a few days later he gave me a new timer and jumper wire thinking my tractor may have been one of the models that still had the old sensor on it. When I went to remove the old sensor it was not there. My tractor already had the jumper wire and timer on it. So, I called the dealer and told him it was there. He now thinks because it was there already that the pump may need adjusting, that it is not the sensor related problem. He sends out a technician and he comes and adjusts the pump with the tool from Mahindra. This was done just about 1 1/2 weeks ago. While the tech was here adjusting the pump he decided to go ahead and put the new jumper wire and timer on the tractor in place of the ones already there. He does this and then adjusts the pump. I did not use the tractor at all after this until Monday of this week when I took it to the hunting club and it smoked all day long. It was running rough, skipping and missing and smoke pouring out of it.

Here's my take on what has happened. The KSB timer and jumper wire that was already in the tractor may have been bad. If the pump had been out of time why then did it not smoke and run rough back in the summer while I was cutting hay and bush-hogging? The problem did not surface until cold weather got here. The problem may have been fixed upon installation of the new timer and wire but at the same time it was put in the pump was adjusted. The adjusting on the pump 1 1/2 weeks ago got the pump out of time therefore creating the episode that occured on Monday. On Tuesday they set the pump back to where it was previously and the running rough and smoking problem has cleared up.

Now, is the tractor fixed or not? I sure hope so, but I may not know for sure until the cold weather returns later on. Remember, it was cold when this problem first appeared. Not back in the late summer when I first purchased the tractor.

How close do you fella's think I am to being correct on this issue?