Cuz-Pat: My Mahindra 7520...I am sick of it!!!

/ Cuz-Pat: My Mahindra 7520...I am sick of it!!! #21  
CuzPat62 said:
Then when winter got here I started using it to put out rolls of hay for my cows with the bale spear attached to the tractor. When the cold weather got here is when the smoking problem first appeared.

Cold weather is what normally triggered the KSB failures...so the more info you give us the more and more it sounds like a KSB issue. Those KSB timers can be plugged in incorrectly also, that may be something to look at.

Roughly the KSB adjusts the amount of fuel the engine gets when the tractors engine is at a certain temperature. If the KSB is not working correctly the engine isn't getting the correct amount of fuel it needs therefore the engine feels like it is losing power and it begins to smoke, spit and sputter.

/ Cuz-Pat: My Mahindra 7520...I am sick of it!!! #22  
RedRiver said:
Cold weather is what normally triggered the KSB failures...so the more info you give us the more and more it sounds like a KSB issue. Those KSB timers can be plugged in incorrectly also, that may be something to look at.

Roughly the KSB adjusts the amount of fuel the engine gets when the tractors engine is at a certain temperature. If the KSB is not working correctly the engine isn't getting the correct amount of fuel it needs therefore the engine feels like it is losing power and it begins to smoke, spit and sputter.

Does the 4110 have one of these KSBs? Also, is the KSB a maintance item; should we change say every 1000 or 2000 hrs etc.?

Cheers

/ Cuz-Pat: My Mahindra 7520...I am sick of it!!! #23  
As far as I know the 4110 does not have a KSB, and no this is not a maintenance item. The 25, 00, 30, and 20 Series are the only ones that have them.