Cuz-Pat: My Mahindra 7520...I am sick of it!!!

/ Cuz-Pat: My Mahindra 7520...I am sick of it!!! #1  

CuzPat62

Tractor
2006 Mahindra 7520 4WD w/ ML 275 loader, bale spear, pallet forks, grille guard & canopy.
It has been nothing but one problem right after another since I bought it new in late August 2006. I now have 95 hours on it and have had more problems. Tonight I loaded it back up on my trailer and hauled it 36 miles to my dealer and left it in his parking lot.

Back in the winter it started smoking real bad (Blue to Bluish gray smoke) and I alerted my dealer to the problem. He figured it to be something in the cold start system. He sent me a relay that had a timer in it and a jumper wire and told me to install on my tractor. I went to do it and it already had the relay and jumper wire. I replaced with the new ones anyway. Did not correct the problem. Then he sent a mechanic to my farm with a tool that he had gotten from Mahindra to time the injector pump. The guy does this and leaves thinking problem is fixed. Today I took the tractor to the hunting club to do some work. It smoked all day long. Blue smoke! The very same color smoke that it has smoked from the onset of this problem. It smoked so bad at times today that I could not see the road in front of me as I was driving. It looked like the woods was on fire it smoked so badly.

I called the dealer from the hunting club on my cell phone and told him I was bringing it back to him when I got through at the club today. When it smokes like this it acts like the engine starts running rough and missing. It will quit for a little while and then start back. It did this off & on all day long today. Two other guys were at the club today and could not believe that my new tractor that cost almost $30,000.00 dollars smoked so badly! I was so embarrased and aggravated. When I unloaded the tractor at the dealer this evening it was boiling blue smoke out the exhaust and was missing like crazy.

This is not the only trouble to surface recently. I have parts that are just falling off of the tractor and are gone. When the guy who came to time the pump went to disconnect the battery we found out that the rods that hold the battery in the box had worked loose and fell off and were gone. I have had knobs fall off of the lift controls and disappear. Today I noticed that the two rubber ball joint covers on the tie rod ends are both bursted. Tractor has been used very little and all this has happened to it.

I wish to the Good Lord I would have never bought this Mahindra tractor and I will never buy another one. I will not recommend a Mahindra to anyone to buy! What I have listed here are just a few of many many problems I have had. I have already shared the others in the 7520 Update thread.

Any of you have any ideas as to the smoking problem? I have breathed it all day long and at times it was so bad that you could not see me sitting in the seat from 10 feet away. I was covered up in smoke.

Mahindra rep, if you read my thread you are welcome to talk with me. PM me and I will send you my phone number. I told the dealership this afternoon that I sure would like to talk with a Mahindra rep.

I needed to get this off my chest badly tonight. It's sad when you scrimp and save and borrow and everything else to come up with the money for a new tractor and you get one that is plagued with the kind of problems mine has been.

I've had about all of a Mahindra I can take!!

/ Cuz-Pat: My Mahindra 7520...I am sick of it!!! #2  
My heart goes out to you Cuz. This shouldn't happen to anyone. Mahindra owes you a brand new tractor, or your money back. You do have a three year warranty, don't you? I believe they will make it right for you Pat. If the company is making steps to have live support, you'd have to think they care about their customers.

Take a deep breath, of fresh air, and rest easy.

/ Cuz-Pat: My Mahindra 7520...I am sick of it!!! #3  
Wow! Sounds like you have a bad apple, but Mahindra will take care of the problem. Whats your dealer like? Is he willing to go the distance and fix the problem? If you are not getting satisfaction from him, PM me, I have an e-mail address for a higher up at Mahindra I will forward it to you.

S.F.

/ Cuz-Pat: My Mahindra 7520...I am sick of it!!! #4  
CuzPat62, sorry to hear that you are still having problems with the 7520.:( I sure hope that they get it fixed once and for all. The 7520 is a great tractor and it is sad to see some of the guys having problems.

Not that this helps you, but I just ran my 7520 this past weekend for more than 20 of the hardest hours that it has seen, and it operated superbly.:)

Good luck with the repair, I sure hope that Mahindra makes it right for you. Don't give up on the 7520, it is an awesome machine when running properly.

/ Cuz-Pat: My Mahindra 7520...I am sick of it!!! #5  
Cuz,

We've seen a few KSB sensors fail. Then the tractor smokes like it's job is to abate mosquito's, and they run real rough. I've never seen it be anything else but that. This is a 5 minute fix by your dealer. Of course when a tractor makes you feel like an idiot in front of your friends, it is embarrassing. As to the loose battery hold down and such, these things can happen to any rig. Not such a big deal, unless you add it on top of the smoke.

Now it sounds like the KSB may have been fixed earlier, if so, I would question if the dealer had the newest part on the shelf, or if you were the unlucky recipient of a replacement that was only as good as the original.

I run a 7520 4wd myself and it's been a might good tractor.

By the way, I took my antique John Deere Model D to a tractor show this weekend. Of course I had to try to pull the sled, and the darn thing fouled a plug. With only 2 cylinders and one not firing, I could barely lift the front end before she lost power. Embarrassed, I messed with it and tried again with the same result. "Stinking tractor" is my thought, but it really is just a poor set of plugs and a carb that is too rich, totally my fault on this old rig. Even so, it's up for sale now because "it" let me down in front of my friends. Pride, such a problem for me at times. :eek: :rolleyes: :eek:

/ Cuz-Pat: My Mahindra 7520...I am sick of it!!! #6  
What was your dealers response to in continuing to smoke? Are they not willing to look further into the problem?

Personally it sounds like a KSB or fuel issue. I would take it into the dealer and let them keep it til it's fixed.

The warranty is there for a reason.......if something goes wrong take it to the dealer, let them fix it and don't worry about it.

/ Cuz-Pat: My Mahindra 7520...I am sick of it!!! #7  
Sorry to hear about your new tractor. I had the same problem with my 5500 at 22 hours. The dealer come out twice and replaced the sensor. It helped for a little while. The third time the dealer came out, they replaced the sensor and timed the injection pump. The tractor has run great with no problems. I now have 88 hours on it. I hope you get the problem fixed soon.
My dealer is landmark machine out of McKinney Texas. They are a great bunch of people. Good luck.

/ Cuz-Pat: My Mahindra 7520...I am sick of it!!! #8  
Hey, Mahindra. Here is an opportunity for you to do the right thing. If you don't you are going to lose a lot of new business.
Do the right thing and you'll will make a lot of $$$.
The choice is yours I hope you make the right one.

/ Cuz-Pat: My Mahindra 7520...I am sick of it!!! #9  
weldingisfun said:
Hey, Mahindra. Here is an opportunity for you to do the right thing. If you don't you are going to lose a lot of new business.
Do the right thing and you'll will make a lot of $$$.
The choice is yours I hope you make the right one.

I think it's the dealers chance to step up and correct the problem. I totally understand Pat's frustration but I think it's a bit premature to start skipping over the dealer and talking directly to Mahindra.

From reading the original post the dealer has only physically fixed/looked at the tractor once.

Please keep us updated on the progress of the repair!

Best of luck to you!

/ Cuz-Pat: My Mahindra 7520...I am sick of it!!!
In my original post above I did not say anything about the dealer. They have been good at working on the problems. I talked with a shop mechanic today and he told me that when he pulled my tractor into the shop that it filled their whole shop up with smoke. When he came to my farm last week to work on it he adjusted the pump timing with a tool obtained from Mahindra. Today he said he readjusted the pump timing and got it to stop the smoking.

Also, when I got home today I had a bill from the dealer for where they came out and worked on it last week. Charged me $102.75 for labor & $43.75 for travel for a total of $146.50. Tractor is under warranty and I have to pay to get them to work on it? Gonna call them in the morning and try to get this cleared up. If anybody needs to pay this bill it should be Mahindra. It's their tractor, it's a problem with their product and it's their warranty. I WANT TO REINTERATE that I am satisfied with how my dealer has been responding to my problems. I am not upset with the dealer. My frustration is with the MAHINDRA PRODUCT itself. So far they have been extremely helpful in trying to get all my problems solved.

Edit - Just got off the phone with a Mahindra rep and he assures me that they are gonna get all my problems taken care of. I sure hope so.

Last edited: