Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Tractor
    NewHolland TC34DA

Default Re: Stumps R Us

What I am curious about is the tree in the background of your first photo, "4-26-07 Stumps R Us 5 resized.jpg." It's almost blocked by your loader arm, but looks as if it grew straight up for about five feet, then due west for about five feet, then straight up again. That's a special tree, yes? Should serve some special purpose, me thinks. Like, carefully feed it through a bandsaw mill a few times, form an S-shaped table, then use butterfly keys to hold the slabs together.
    -cherry-butterfly-key-jpg
    Random thoughts...

~Allen
    2006 New Holland TC34DA
    purchase used w/ 95hrs Jul 2010
    ---
    NH FEL, NH 60in bucket, Woods HSS60 rotary mower, Woods GB60 box blade

Tractor
    Mahindra 6520 4WD

Quote Originally Posted by amarlow View Post
    What I am curious about is the tree in the background of your first photo, "4-26-07 Stumps R Us 5 resized.jpg." It's almost blocked by your loader arm, but looks as if it grew straight up for about five feet, then due west for about five feet, then straight up again. That's a special tree, yes? Should serve some special purpose, me thinks. Like, carefully feed it through a bandsaw mill a few times, form an S-shaped table, then use butterfly keys to hold the slabs together.
    -cherry-butterfly-key-jpg
    Random thoughts...

~Allen
    Amarlow,
    You are so right, that is a special tree. It was about that size and was that shape when I bought the property. Dad called it a saddle tree. It will not be cut by me.
    -10-15-07-saddle-tree
    hugs, Brandi

Tractor
    Mahindra 3215HST

I understand some American Indians would do this to a tree to mark trails. Of course this tree is too young for this explaination!

'06 Mahindra 3215HST,KMW ML111 FEL,BushHog SBX65 Boxblade,BushHog RZ160 Rotary Cutter,Kasco KOS604 Seeder,Cosmo 250 3PT Spreader,Southern 6' Landscape Rake,Rhino LR 6' Rear Blade

Tractor
    Mahindra 6520 4WD

Quote Originally Posted by MrChris View Post
    I understand some American Indians would do this to a tree to mark trails. Of course this tree is too young for this explaination!
    Usually this happens when another tree falls on the saddle tree (before being a saddle) and bows it over.
    I have a large cedar that has a small "S" in it where that happened.
    hugs, Brandi

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12