200 hour service

/ 200 hour service #1  

George2615

Tractor
LS XR3037HC
I did the 200 hour service today on my 2615HST. It wasn't too bad. Drained the trans, pulled and replaced the filters and refilled. Also drained and refilled the front axle. Changed engine oil and filter. Blew out air filter and replaced fuel filter.

The only problem I had was during greasing. I Had two loader arm points that wouldn't take grease so I pulled the grease fittings (they were OK) clean the dried up grease out of the hole and tried again. Still wouldn't take grease. Ended up popping the E-clips and driving the pivot bolts out of its socket enough to rotate it while pumping in grease. That worked. Tapped bolt back in and put the clips back on.

Total tractor service time took about 3 1/2 hours which inculded two coffee breaks while reading the book procedures.

And for those Duramax tow vehicle owners I found the fuel filter was a bear to change. I had a heck of a time getting mine off. There isn't enough room to get a conventional filter wrench on it. I had to removed the auxiliary battery to get enough room to grip the filter with a filter wrench. Next time I'll invest in a filter wrench designed for close quarters. The spin on tranny filter for the Allison however, is a real nice touch and easy to change.

/ 200 hour service #2  
You did remove the magnet from the top of the old Allison transmission filter and stick it on the new filter didn't you? Many people don't realize it's there and toss it in the trash.

/ 200 hour service #4  
I had to ask. You would be amazed how many of those thing's get thrown out by people that had no idea there was a magnet stuck to the top of the filter.

/ 200 hour service #5  
george2815 the best way to change to change the fuel filter on d max is to remove the 2 or 3 inter fender well buttons pull down a little . this give you enough room to slide you arm in and use a filter wrech on it from the bottom. i have replaced a lot of them.

/ 200 hour service #6  
DieselPower said:
I had to ask. You would be amazed how many of those thing's get thrown out by people that had no idea there was a magnet stuck to the top of the filter.

Just had the transmission filter changed on my 94 car. It had a magnet attached to filter pan. I guess there magnets in all kinds of filters. Must be a good idea.

Cheers

/ 200 hour service #7  
Most transmission pans do have a magnet in them. They have for years. The magnet in the Allison transmission spin on filter is the only one I know of in a filter. It's a good idea as long as the person changing it knows it's there.