PTO Pump

/ PTO Pump #31  
jpm said:
this is a pic of the oe prince pump and what happens when the tangs or forks get bent somehow. my opinion is poor design

Gee, what does "somehow" mean??? Looks like somebody, pop the clutch in reverse when you were hooking up....And yes, its tight in there with only about an inch or so on either side and about 2 inches from the the end of the pump to the front of the tank...BobG in VA

/ PTO Pump #32  
Quote Dougster: As a fluid systems engineer, I could never understand how so-called "high-flow" skidsteers could run a 509/511 without overpowering or overheating it unless some of that flow was bypassed. In fact, it looks like that is the case after all.

It would be easy to just reduce rpm a skosh. Who needs the extra heat of wasted flow thru bypass.
larry

/ PTO Pump
Dougster said:
Obviously, you've read the manufacturer's words that the current 509 & 511 have "optimum performance with 9-12 gpm"

http://www.bradcoattachments.com/_includes/fileblob.asp?I=631&table=product&ext=pdf&name=511%20BH%20Broch%200610-3.pdf

On the other hand, the 509 & 511 are available on the 7520 with its 17 GPM flow rate and on "high-flow" skidsteers with even more pump capacity than that. But unless folks here have experimented long-term with flows as high as 21 GPM, I guess I would call Paladin Brands directly and see what they have say about it. Might be some unintended consequences. Seems that above some point, all that power input and flow might contribute to excessive heating.

Dougster
Dougster,
I believe those ads as much as I believe the weights in Mahindra Ads and the loader times in Mahindra's Ads.
hugs, Brandi

/ PTO Pump
SPYDERLK said:
According to your loader times I think you confirmed that you have the 17GPM pump on your 6520. It seems any pump of same capacity on the PTO would give identical performance per engine speed. No gain for the extra expense and complexity, other than additional cooling capacity, which isnt needed.
larry
Yes, the loader is awesome. :) But this is 10 feet aft and the BH seems too sluggish unless I take the rpm up over 1700. That seems excessive to me :( when a PTO pump installaion on a 6000 powering the 511 runs about 1100-1200 rpm.
hugs, Brandi

/ PTO Pump #35  
SPYDERLK said:
It would be easy to just reduce rpm a skosh. Who needs the extra heat of wasted flow thru bypass.
larry
Well, now you are bringing up a topic that's been ignored here up until now: RPMs. I need every RPM I've got to get up to ~8 GPM just to make the 509 function. On the other hand, with your 17 GPM, You can back off and still get great performance out of a 511... hence the reason for someone like me buying a little more pump in a PTO-driven system... so you don't have to run at design RPMs in order to hit the high end of the backhoe's useful flow range. :)

Dougster

/ PTO Pump
Dougster said:
Well, now you are bringing up a topic that's been ignored here up until now: RPMs. I need every RPM I've got to get up to ~8 GPM just to make the 509 function. On the other hand, with your 17 GPM, You can back off and still get great performance out of a 511... hence the reason for someone like me buying a little more pump in a PTO-driven system... so you don't have to run at design RPMs in order to hit the high end of the backhoe's useful flow range. :)

Dougster
Dougster,
What rpm are you running to operate your 509 efficently? I have to run over 1700 rpm, which seems excessive to me. All I want to do is reduce rpm, which adds to the heat.
hugs, Brandi

/ PTO Pump #37  
bindian said:
Dougster, I believe those ads as much as I believe the weights in Mahindra Ads and the loader times in Mahindra's Ads.
hugs, Brandi
Ouch!!! :eek: Please don't shoot me... I am only the messenger. :(

I strongly suggest that you go right to the source (i.e., Bradco) and ask them yourself. Don't take my word for anything... I certainly wouldn't... but they need to hear your complaint and you need to hear the design specification from them.

Dougster

/ PTO Pump #38  
bindian said:
Dougster, What rpm are you running to operate your 509 efficently? I have to run over 1700 rpm, which seems excessive to me. All I want to do is reduce rpm, which adds to the heat.
hugs, Brandi
With my 4110 only putting out 7.87 GPM (Mahindra spec +/-) at ~2,600 RPM, I need everything I've got to run my 509. Even at that, I'm not even in the range (9-12 GPM) Bradco says I need to be within for best performance. It works... and even works very well in certain circumstances... but I'm sure it must work a heckuva lot better at 12-14 GPM. :)

I'm guessing your 11.4 (or 17?) GPM is at ~2,300 RPM... which means you are pushing through about 8.43 (or 12.57?) GPM at 1,700 RPM (not allowing for minor variations in pump efficiency at different RPMs). Hmmmmm... Sure would help to know if you've really got that 7520 pump in there! :)

Dougster

/ PTO Pump
Dougster said:
Ouch!!! :eek: Please don't shoot me... I am only the messenger. :(

I strongly suggest that you go right to the source (i.e., Bradco) and ask them yourself. Don't take my word for anything... I certainly wouldn't... but they need to hear your complaint and you need to hear the design specification from them.

Dougster
Dougster,
Sorry, I was rushing to get ready for work. :eek: I should have said that I don't trust any figures in any ads. I go for specifications.
hugs, Brandi

/ PTO Pump
Dougster said:
With my 4110 only putting out 7.87 GPM (Mahindra spec +/-) at ~2,600 RPM, I need everything I've got to run my 509. Even at that, I'm not even in the range (9-12 GPM) Bradco says I need to be within for best performance. It works... and even works very well in certain circumstances... but I'm sure it must work a heckuva lot better at 12-14 GPM. :)

I'm guessing your 11.4 (or 17?) GPM is at ~2,300 RPM... which means you are pushing through about 8.43 (or 12.57?) GPM at 1,700 RPM (not allowing for minor variations in pump efficiency at different RPMs). Hmmmmm... Sure would help to know if you've really got that 7520 pump in there! :)

Dougster
I have 72 hours on my 6520 now. Is it alright to rev my engine that high for extended periods of time with this low number of hours to hit target gpm of the pump? :confused: I guess I will try 2300 rpm, even though it seems way high. My dealer is trying to get information for the PTO pump installation. I will see him again in the morning. If all else fails, I will just tie a string to the throttle and give it a jerk when I need more power. :rolleyes:
Before I found out Mahindra used a Bradco BH, I was trying to find Bradco dealers in my area. It took days to hear back from someone off of their website and get a local dealer's name. When I called the dealer, he didn't even know he was a Bradco dealer, much less able to help answer my questions. :eek:
hugs, Brandi