Worth upgrading to GC2610 ? Any MAJOR changes ?

/ Worth upgrading to GC2610 ? Any MAJOR changes ? #1  

madhatter

Gold Member
Tractor
2015 Massey GC1710

Hopefully this will be a good post....

I am thinking is it worth upgrading to a GC2610 ? I saw one today, and the new platform and loader control is an improvement except it is all plastic. It does have more HP ( although, I am sure it is because of the 3000 rpm ). I like the new foot controls as well, as opposed to the single forward/reverse pedal, and the curved loader and backhoe arms. Other than that ??? Not sure if there is any other improvements.... Just curious if it would be worth it. ( That and they have a good finance plan and our Canadian dollar is wayyyy better than went I bought my 2410 !! ) BUT, is it worth selling a mint ( I am very meticulous about my stuff ) 2006 GC2310 with 85 hours for it?

Andy

/ Worth upgrading to GC2610 ? Any MAJOR changes ? #2  
Is your 2310 not doing the job for you? If not, then go for it. If it is, then enjoy it.

DEWFPO

/ Worth upgrading to GC2610 ? Any MAJOR changes ?
madhatter said:
( That and they have a good finance plan and our Canadian dollar is wayyyy better than went I bought my 2410 !! )

Andy

Sorry, I meant my 2310. Had the new model numbers on my brain. Massey has so many numbers, it getting confusing !

/ Worth upgrading to GC2610 ? Any MAJOR changes ? #4  
GC2610 has cruise control as well.

/ Worth upgrading to GC2610 ? Any MAJOR changes ? #5  
I have a 2005 2300 and I have never used the cruise control enough to say it is worth having in 70 hours, I wouldn't trade just cause of cruise. I do wish I would have bought a 2310, sometimes a back hoe would be handy. I am not big on all the plastic that I keep hearing about on all the new tractors, autos and 18 wheelers.

/ Worth upgrading to GC2610 ? Any MAJOR changes ? #6  
I agree, where I live cruise control is totally useless on the tractor since nothing around here is flat and I"m always going up or down slopes. It's not sophisticated enough to control actual speed on the 2300's.

DEWFPO

/ Worth upgrading to GC2610 ? Any MAJOR changes ? #7  
I dont think there is that much of a change to make this swap. I would step up to the next model size if you need more machine.

/ Worth upgrading to GC2610 ? Any MAJOR changes ? #8  
I had the 2310,mine had 500 hours on it,I stopped at my dealer [ northwood power equipment],to see the 2610, it wasn't in yet. I test drove a 1531,with backhoe ,loader,the rest is history. 1531 is in backyard and the 2310 is traded in. I kinda miss the 2310 but I was running into jobs that would turn into more then the machine could handle in a reasonable time. I took 1531 on a lawn tonite,it didn't mark to bad,the new machine is heavier and has ag tires. It fits on same trailer,but have to leave loader bucket on tongue. plowking

/ Worth upgrading to GC2610 ? Any MAJOR changes ? #9  
madhatter said:

Hopefully this will be a good post....

I am thinking is it worth upgrading to a GC2610 ? I saw one today, and the new platform and loader control is an improvement except it is all plastic. It does have more HP ( although, I am sure it is because of the 3000 rpm ). I like the new foot controls as well, as opposed to the single forward/reverse pedal, and the curved loader and backhoe arms. Other than that ??? Not sure if there is any other improvements.... Just curious if it would be worth it. ( That and they have a good finance plan and our Canadian dollar is wayyyy better than went I bought my 2410 !! ) BUT, is it worth selling a mint ( I am very meticulous about my stuff ) 2006 GC2310 with 85 hours for it?

Andy

I haven't seen the 2610 except for brochures, and it looks like there are no MAJOR changes-just a few "nice to have" features like you mentioned. The operator platform, slightly more HP, brake on the left, separate fwd/rev pedals, and lets not forget lighted gauges!.

Anyway, I got a $1500 cash back offer from MF in the mail so I am considering trading up. It all depends on how much the dealer offers me for my 2310TLB with 250 Hrs and the price of the 2610.

Bottom line for me: The MINOR improvements don't justify spending MAJOR money-if the price is right, then I'm all over it.