GC2610 vs BX24 - Worth $2K?

/ GC2610 vs BX24 - Worth $2K? #1  

flynmoose

Didn't get any bites on Bever's thread so I'll try my own. . .

I've got a GC2610TLB + 60"MMM + 50" Front-mount Snowblower quoted at $22.1K I've called the local Kubota dealer and can get Orange equivelant as above for $19.8K. Have not driven the BX24 but really like the Massey.

$2.3K one or two other implements or just money saved and I'm trying go reconcile whether this is a logical approach.

I've looked at features and capabilities and the 2610 might have a slight edge on a couple of features but I certainly don't see them being worth that kind of money.

Thoughts?

Barry

/ GC2610 vs BX24 - Worth $2K? #2  
Well, I'm about as color blind as they come, but I would look closely at that much difference in two tractors so similar. Look closely at the things that are important to you. Digging depth, performance at lower RPM, ergonomics, etc. Next, look closely at the attachments, especially the mmm since it will be on, and off a lot. How easy are they to attach, and detach. Look closely at the price of the implements/attachments too. Will you use a collector at some point, if so there are big differences between the Massey, the Kubota, and the JD2305. All of those tractors will do the job, but only some features will be really important to you, and that will help you decide. Remember, the tractor powers the implements which actually do the work. Have fun!

/ GC2610 vs BX24 - Worth $2K? #3  
flynmoose said:
Didn't get any bites on Bever's thread so I'll try my own. . .

I've got a GC2610TLB + 60"MMM + 50" Front-mount Snowblower quoted at $22.1K I've called the local Kubota dealer and can get Orange equivelant as above for $19.8K. Have not driven the BX24 but really like the Massey.

$2.3K one or two other implements or just money saved and I'm trying go reconcile whether this is a logical approach.

I've looked at features and capabilities and the 2610 might have a slight edge on a couple of features but I certainly don't see them being worth that kind of money.

Thoughts?

Barry
Was that my thread? I myself would go with the MF. I think the kubota has too small of a hoe, but thats my opinion. I use the BH more than anything else and the buclet is way too small for my needs.

/ GC2610 vs BX24 - Worth $2K?
Sorry Bever22 - that was a 1528 thread that I responded to for you. It was ZUMSEL's thread . . .

Great point though on the bucket.

Can anyone point me to the the thread with the Excel spreadsheet comparison of the three SCUTS (Orange,Green,Red)? I've been searching and am not having much luck.

Since I posted in the Massey thread - do know that I am leaning TOWARDS the 2610. I'm just struggling with the price difference (and of course that is based on a phone quote from Kubota - I still need to go in and see one.)

Massey Dealer is a family shop and I like their style.

Looked at Green and EVEN WITH a corporate discount program - they couldn't touch MF on price (and I don't worry that JD is a corporate sponsor - Pepsi is also a corporate sponsor for us and I proudly drink my Coke in the breakroom!)

The Massey dealer implied that his hands are tied by Massey corporate on price. Anyone have experience on a head-to-head sell with getting a price reduction? (I've already told Massey dealer about my Kubota quote and his only suggesetion was that I buy a 2310 and save a couple hundred bucks . . .)

Let me add that the grass is approaching knee-high on my 6 acres and I've got to do something (may have to offer the farmer that works my other 11 acres some $$ to brush hog my property soon!)

Barry

/ GC2610 vs BX24 - Worth $2K? #5  
flynmoose said:
Can anyone point me to the the thread with the Excel spreadsheet comparison of the three SCUTS (Orange,Green,Red)? I've been searching and am not having much luck.

Barry

I would also like to take a look at that spreadsheet and couldn't find it.

Jochen

/ GC2610 vs BX24 - Worth $2K? #6  
Hmm, search for threads by "archerynut" to perhaps find the spreadsheet, and look at the recent thread here "GC2610 in stock" to find more price info.

Maybe this is what you were looking for?

Attachments

• 71539d1173071769-jd-2305-vs-bx24-subcompact-tractor-comparison.pdf
    50.3 KB · Views: 472
   / GC2610 vs BX24 - Worth $2K? #7  
ChuckinNH said:
Hmm, search for threads by "archerynut" to perhaps find the spreadsheet, and look at the recent thread here "GC2610 in stock" to find more price info.

Maybe this is what you were looking for?

Thank you. That is exactly what I was looking for.

Jochen

/ GC2610 vs BX24 - Worth $2K? #8  
Your welcome......... happened to remember where it could be found.

/ GC2610 vs BX24 - Worth $2K? #9  
If you don't plan to buy cash, then you might want to look at the interest rates. I was having the same dilema with a GC2310 and BX24. In my case, the MF was a little less than 1k more but 0% for 60 month and the first service was included (except for parts), hooks on the bucket and BH, R4 tires, block heater, skid plate for the hydro filter, BH work light and they came at my place and picked it up without any extra cost. For the Kub I had to give 10% down :eek: and 0% for 36 month which was a little to much for me. Ended up choosing the 2310 and if you do the math (I didn't), I'm sure I the MF was a little cheeper at the end. I prefered the MF to start with, so even for few extra bucks, I would have choosed the MF (and I did). Now, to go back with your GC2610, it has what I think mine should have (higher headlight, curved boom, flasher protectors and everything else). Nice machine!!

Good luck!
Max

/ GC2610 vs BX24 - Worth $2K? #10  
I went through a similar decision process a few months ago and bought a 2310, which I like a lot.

Not sure about the price difference, but think the Massey Ferguson 2410 may be a closer powered tractor to the BX24.

I haven't seen either of the new Massey units, but also wonder how much of a real difference a few hp makes (2410 vs 2610).

One big factor in my case were the dealers. The orange and green tractor dealer is about 10 miles closer than the red dealer, but the attitude of the first salesman I encountered was really irritating - as opposed to the Massey dealer where the salesman was very helpful and seemed genuinely interested in my business.

They are all good machines and I'm sure you will be happy with whatever you purchase. As for me, I really like my 2310 and have been constantly pleased with my decision.

Good luck!

Jay