Who actually built the GC2300 tractors?

/ Who actually built the GC2300 tractors? #1  

bill177

Silver Member
Tractor
Massey Ferguson GC2300
I am curious who the real build was of the GC2300 series of Massey Ferguson tractors. Anyone know?

/ Who actually built the GC2300 tractors? #2  
Iseki in Japan

/ Who actually built the GC2300 tractors? #3  
I originally thought the 2300s were made in Georgia by AGCO with an Iseki engine, but Bever22 is spot on. Found this:

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
"Iseki & Co., Ltd. (井関農機株式会社 Iseki Nōki Kabushiki-Gaisha?) (TYO: 6310), based in Tokyo, Japan, manufactures a variety of machinery, components, and engines.
It was founded in 1926 as Iseki Farm Implement Trading Co. (井関農具商会 Iseki Nōgu Shōkai?) in Matsuyama, Ehime, Japan. It was incorporated in 1936 as Iseki & Co.
They began building tractors in 1961. Its tractors have been sold worldwide under various brands: AGCO, Bolens, Challenger, Massey Ferguson and White. Early Tong Yang or TYM tractors were based on Iseki's designs. Some models sold in Japan have been built by Landini of Italy and by Massey Ferguson in France."

I then noticed that even on the nameplate on the fender, under MASSEY FERGUSON and AGCO CORPORATION, Duluth, GA, it says "Made in Japan".

/ Who actually built the GC2300 tractors? #4  
Check out this link. Look familiar? This is the blue version of the GC2300 & 2310 that is sold in other parts of the world under the Iseki name.

ISEKI > Products > Tractor TMG Series

I believe The Massey Ferguson GC and the 1500 series are made by Iseki.

/ Who actually built the GC2300 tractors? #5  
Working for a MF dealership for 12yrs, the aforementioned Iseki is correct,..

/ Who actually built the GC2300 tractors? #6  
Working for a MF dealership for 12yrs, the aforementioned Iseki is correct,..

Its not exactly a secret, it says right on the tractor.

/ Who actually built the GC2300 tractors? #7  
The GC and 1500 series are made by Iseki. The loaders and backhoes are made by Soo Tractor Sweeprake of Sioux City, IA.

Index