Front tire width adjustment on 1533/ST34

/ Front tire width adjustment on 1533/ST34 #1  

rope1

Tractor
AGCO ST34 A
I've got an AGCO ST34, which is a twing to a MF1533, and wondered if it was possible to widen the front tires. It appears that the wheels that my R4 tires are mounted to are offset to the inside, so in theroy, switching sides on them would widen the front wheels by approx. 2 inches. Anyone have any info on this before I jack it up and see if it'll work? Don't want to stress the front axle/studs too much, but a buddy has a New Holland with the tires set way wide and it does look pretty nice.

/ Front tire width adjustment on 1533/ST34 #2  
If the cneters are seperate from the outer rim, there is no problem mixing and matching to get the desired tread width. If the center are welded to the outer rim, all you can do is turn the tire around, bu tthen the valve stem will be to the wrong side and the tread pattern will be backwards (unless you have the tires remounted).

/ Front tire width adjustment on 1533/ST34 #3  
Don't want to stress the front axle/studs too much, but a buddy has a New Holland with the tires set way wide and it does look pretty nice.
That's the reason that it normally isn't recommended. It puts too much stress on the hubs and bearings. Besides that the front axle pivots and the tractor would have to tilt to an excessive amount before the stops would hit helping with stability. If it was recommended, the wheels would have adjustments built in or the manual would tell how to do it. I haven't looked at a manual for a ST34, what does it show?

/ Front tire width adjustment on 1533/ST34
Manual doesn't show any adjustment for the front wheel/tire width, so I kinda figured it wasn't something that was recomended. Oh well, guess we won't win any style points today.