Good Deal?

/ Good Deal? #2  
I'm not sure about the price, but I think it is a GC2300 model.

/ Good Deal? #3  
Three and ahalf years old makes it 2005 I guess & the model is GC2300 without backhoe , with backhoe it would be GC2310 ... Hope this helps :)

/ Good Deal? #5  
Yes, it certainly appears to be a GC2300-- note the non-folding ROPS, which was standard on the 2300, where the 2310 has a taller but foldable one. HP sounds like the Iseki 3-cylinder diesel the 2300 series uses as well. I'm not really familiar with used values for these tractors, but with the mower & the box blade, that doesn't sound too bad-- my '07 2310 (w/backhoe) with snowblower & one set of chains was 21K new, if that's any help.

/ Good Deal? #6  
Looks lke the 2300. You should see if the maintence records are available ,50 hour service,engine oil changes [ did mine every 100 hours] coming up on the 250 hour service. Check the pivot pin on front axle for play. I had mine replaced around 300 hours. The newer 2300 -2310's have a hydraulic filter guard.[ can be added if yours doesn't].Keep front axle seals clear of debris,dirt,they can wear and leak at the kingpins. I traded mine in with 500 hours with very few issues. It might be worth having a mechanic or knowledgable tractor person check it out first. plowking

/ Good Deal?
Looks lke the 2300. You should see if the maintence records are available ,50 hour service,engine oil changes [ did mine every 100 hours] coming up on the 250 hour service. Check the pivot pin on front axle for play. I had mine replaced around 300 hours. The newer 2300 -2310's have a hydraulic filter guard.[ can be added if yours doesn't].Keep front axle seals clear of debris,dirt,they can wear and leak at the kingpins. I traded mine in with 500 hours with very few issues. It might be worth having a mechanic or knowledgable tractor person check it out first. plowking

Great advice,thanks. I have sent an email wanting to know the maintenance records and already have someone to go with me to look who is a lot more knowledgeable than myself.

/ Good Deal?
Finally received a response from the owner.

"It is a GC 2300. I do not have any maintenance record. It is in good shape. The only negative things about it is; the hood is a little faded and I have to tighten a screw on the loader's control box about ever 10 to 15 hours of use or it will start to drip fluid."

Don't know how serious that is but don't think I want to have my first tractor starting with a problem.

/ Good Deal? #9  
TigerFan-- for what it's worth, my new 2310 had a couple of small hydraulic leaks, one of which was in the FEL control-- under the plastic cover, on one of the fittings; I tightened it up a bit, and it seems OK now, but it's nothing I'm worried too much about...:eek: The GCs really seem to be very capable little tractors.

Here's a couple shots of mine with & without the FEL & backhoe.

Attachments

• trac rt side.JPG
    trac rt side.JPG
    147.2 KB · Views: 179
  • without FEL, bh.JPG
    without FEL, bh.JPG
    150.9 KB · Views: 159
   / Good Deal? #10  
I think that sounds like a VERY good deal. I bet you would be hard pressed to find something like that for under 10k.

I'm not sure the no maintenance records would be that big of a deal. If you were able to look it over and confirmt the fluids had been changed at least once, how bad could the maintenance really have been? Almost all tractors come new w/ hydraulic filters that are painted the color of the frame (they put the filters on at the factory before they paint the tractor). If you could confirm the hydraulic filter didn't match the frame color (even better if its a Napa or something MF/Iseki wouldn't use) that would give you a fair degree of comfort.

I guess what I'm saying is that if you could confirm at least one engine/hydrulic fluid change in 244 hrs, that would probably be sufficient. And for 8200, maybe worth a little due diligence to confirm.

Good luck.