New GC2410

/ New GC2410 #1  

Johnny_B

Silver Member
Tractor
MF GC2410 TLB w/ 60" MMM
Well here it is. The mower deck is a free loaner from the dealership until they get my 60 inch deck delivered. Pretty basic picture, but I'll post more pics once I get the wheel weights made and get a few hooks welded on the bucket.

The tractor was delivered on Friday and I've already got five hours logged from the weekend. I would have had more except I was a groomsman in a wedding on Saturday which took up most of the day (I still managed to do some work in the morning), and then I was busy watching football Sunday, so I only got out for a few more hours. I did spend some time waxing it Sunday morning :)

I'm on my way outside now to dig out some more stumps on my property b/c running this little tractor is almost therapeutic.

Attachments

• IMG_0525.jpg
    IMG_0525.jpg
    871.1 KB · Views: 959
   / New GC2410 #2  
Congrats on a fine tractor.:)
Well here it is. The mower deck is a free loaner from the dealership until they get my 60 inch deck delivered. Pretty basic picture, but I'll post more pics once I get the wheel weights made and get a few hooks welded on the bucket.

The tractor was delivered on Friday and I've already got five hours logged from the weekend. I would have had more except I was a groomsman in a wedding on Saturday which took up most of the day (I still managed to do some work in the morning), and then I was busy watching football Sunday, so I only got out for a few more hours. I did spend some time waxing it Sunday morning :)

I'm on my way outside now to dig out some more stumps on my property b/c running this little tractor is almost therapeutic.

/ New GC2410 #3  
...I'm on my way outside now to dig out some more stumps on my property b/c running this little tractor is almost therapeutic.

*almost*? Hardly.

I found mine to be *very* therapeutic.

In fact if it was any more therapeutic, I could claim it on my health insurance. :D

Congrats on a great new machine - and best wishes for many years of therapeutic projects!

Jay

/ New GC2410 #4  
Nothing better than forgetting about a bad day at work than doing stuff on the tractor. (Well maybe a bottle of liquor)

/ New GC2410
Found my first "issue" with the 2410: switching the seat and auto shutoff. Switching to the backhoe isn't necessarily the most convenient thing to do with the auto shutoff feature. Either it kills it for me most times or I have to shut it off when I'm switching it, but I guess safety first.....Oh well, I'm loving everything else about it!

/ New GC2410 #6  
Found my first "issue" with the 2410: switching the seat and auto shutoff. Switching to the backhoe isn't necessarily the most convenient thing to do with the auto shutoff feature. Either it kills it for me most times or I have to shut it off when I'm switching it, but I guess safety first.....Oh well, I'm loving everything else about it!

Is this the safety switch that kills the engine unless the speed selector is in neutral?

Don't tell the Safety Police, but I disabled that little feature. It still won't start unless the selector is in neutral, which is OK with me - but having it kill the engine if I lifted my butt off the seat was driving me nuts (as the pirates say). :rolleyes:

Jay

/ New GC2410
Oh.....it has to be in neutral and it won't kill the engine, now that is very valuable information that I didn't notice in the manual. I wasn't putting it in neutral until after I was flipping the seat around.

On a side note, I have about 8 hours on the backhoe so it looks like it is time for it's first lube.

/ New GC2410 #8  
JohnnyB- please let us (me) know how the mower deck works-- I didn't get one with my GC2310 (got blower instead, which works very well), but I'm having second thoughts-- had some fill work done last spring, so I now have more flat lawn than I used to.... A mower deck is sounding nicer all the time:rolleyes:

In the meantime, around here we're all watching to see what the snowman brings us tonight; sounds like NY and some of PA is really going to get clobbered!

/ New GC2410 #9  
JohnnyB- please let us (me) know how the mower deck works-- I didn't get one with my GC2310 (got blower instead, which works very well), but I'm having second thoughts-- had some fill work done last spring, so I now have more flat lawn than I used to.... A mower deck is sounding nicer all the time:rolleyes:

In the meantime, around here we're all watching to see what the snowman brings us tonight; sounds like NY and some of PA is really going to get clobbered!

irvingj----I have the 60" deck and it works awesome----better than any crafstman tractor or the like that I've ever owned. I am going to be selling my deck though if your interested. Only reason being I've got a friend that owns a landscaping business and we trade off use of tractor for landscaping services so kind of pointless for me to keep the deck. Also I'm located in CT if your interested

/ New GC2410

Irvingj -

The dealer provided me with a used 60" loaner when he delivered the TLB. I mowed a nearby pasture and my yard with the loaner and it did a great job. The grass in was about 8 inches high and wet and it mowed it with no problems at all. I did go over some of the sections twice b/c the grass was clumping up since it was so high.

I got my new 60" mower deck last Friday, and it is going to stay all shiny and boxed up in my garage until next Spring (it is snowing as I write this email).

As a side note and you probably already know this, but you'll want to at least take the backhoe off when mowing. I was anxious to try everything out when it was delivered and the hoe makes the tractor feel way too top heavy on any type of incline, so I was white knuckled mowing in this bumpy area on a slight hill. I took the hoe of and it was like a new machine. I didn't bother taking the FEL off and it didn't seem to affect the mowing at all (but if you are navigating in tight places it is easy enough to take it off).