massy to-30

/ massy to-30 #1  

porta mill

ferguson to-30

I am looking at a ferguson to-30 it appears to be in ok shape ,hasent run in a few years , it does turn over but will not fire it is a little rough all tins are there no major oli leaks that I see , one new tire on the back and the other therr seems to be ok . it does come with a set of double ring chains. the seller has the original lights and a bunch of paper work that does with it Now for the million dollor question he is asking $900 I offered him $700 was wondering what it might be worth . I do not know much about old tractors so I am winging this.
thank you for your help

Last edited:
   / massy to-30 #2  
Up and running, tires in decent shape, and ready to use, that's a $1500 to $1800 tractor. So... Question is, why doesn't it fire? Is it as simple as bad gas and needing new spark plugs? Or is it more serious? How much will you need to spend on tire repairs?

Non-runner Ford N's and TO Fergies are common @ prices around $500 to $750 here. I'd take a serious look at what you'll invest in getting that one up and going vs. what a complete and running TO-30 might cost.

All in all, they're great little tractors once in good running condition. They were the "compact tractors" of their day.