5455 model changes

/ 5455 model changes #1  

Slippy

Veteran Member
Tractor
Mahindra 6000 4wd; IH x2; NHTC40DSS; International 1086; JD 5115M
I have been looking at 2004 5455 and comparing the operating compartment to the 2008 5455 models. Have there been changes? I have attached a photo of the 2004 model. Most of the controls to the right in the picture seem to be the same as current models. But, the controls on the left look different. The speed and range adjusters look different. Is there any difference in the way they operate, or what they operate? Looks like the newer models have a digital display for what range you are in.
Thanks for your help.

Attachments

• mf4555 005.jpg
    mf4555 005.jpg
    297.2 KB · Views: 1,909
   / 5455 model changes
Here is what the new one looks like in the lit.

Attachments

• http---www.masseyferguson.com-agco-MF-NA-Tractors-MF5400-5400Series1.pdf - Adobe Reader.bmp
    184 KB · Views: 253
   / 5455 model changes #3  
That first one is a speed shift tractor, the second is a Dyna-4. The speedshift would be a power shuttle or mechanical shuttle with a 2 speed power shift. The Dyna-4 a power shuttle, power shift.

/ 5455 model changes #4  
The speed shift you have to clutch to make gear selection changes. The newer Dyna4 (T-handle selector) the ranges and powershift do not require the clutch to be depressed with either. Range changes are do by pushing orange button on left side of t-handle and moving in direction of up shift or down shift. Very nice transmission and simple to operate.

/ 5455 model changes
So if I understand, the Dyna-4 is all hydrulic/electric and the pre-Dyna is actually mechanical on the range, but still has the power shuttle on the column? How much of a difference is that? Any idea on how that should effect the price of a used 5455? Lets says there are two equally conditioned 5455s, one pre-Dyna-4 and one with the Dyna-4, how much difference is that in used value, any idea? Is the non Dyna-4 transmission as highly thought of as the Dyna-4? I realize that this situation cannot occur because the change was made in probably 2005, and everything after that had the Dyna-4, but just trying to get some idea.

/ 5455 model changes #6  
It's hard to compare but I looked back at two tractors (1 SpeedShift, 1-Dyna-4) I had at the transistion from the SpeedShift to Dyna-4 and it was $1500 difference more for the Dyna-4. Exact same model. There were some other minro changes. The Shuttle Modulation Control was added that allows you to control how fast or slow the shuttle works. You can make it just or you can make it very smooth. The Dyna-4 has speed matching. Shift ranges and it finds the closest Powershift range to the speed to keep the up or down shift smooth. Dyna4 is a very impressive transmission.