GC2410

/ GC2410 #1  

rayban1

Tractor
Massey Ferguson GC2410TLB
Looking at the GC2410. Wondering what type of mowers and the type of cut you have. Looking at the 54 inch with a Humbolt bagger. Curious about the mulcher deck and the 60 " deck. What type a cut with a side discharge and no bagger. 72 months what a sweet deal. Very close to buying, wife's on board. Have about 1 1/2 acre plan on using for mowing, putting in a garden, some drainage projects, fence post, moving dirt etc. pretty excited....Plan on getting some implaments with the 72 mo deal. Will keep everyone up to date and put some pics when it happens....Ray in Wa.

/ GC2410 #2  
Ray-- I'm purchasing a used 60" M-F blower for my 2310 (most likely the same as for the 2410) from another TBN member-- I had inquired beforehand how good the cut was, and several TBNers chimed in with very favorable comments about the 60" deck.

Ther GC2310 is the precursor to yours- M-F made quite a few worthwhile improvements in the new version. Good luck with your purchase-- these little tractors are very capable! I got mine with the snowblower, but I'm looking forward to using the mower now--:D

Attachments

• mower deck 1.JPG
    mower deck 1.JPG
    819.5 KB · Views: 354
  • "lawn mower".JPG
    "lawn mower".JPG
    156.3 KB · Views: 284
  • trac & Jason.JPG
    trac & Jason.JPG
    142 KB · Views: 278
  • blower 12:1:08.jpg
    blower 12:1:08.jpg
    568.8 KB · Views: 1,109
   / GC2410 #3  
Looking at the GC2410. 1*Wondering what type of mowers and the type of cut you have.
2* Looking at the 54 inch with a Humbolt bagger. 3*Curious about the mulcher deck and the 60 " deck. 4*What type a cut with a side discharge and no bagger. 5*72 months what a sweet deal.

Very close to buying, wife's on board. Have about 1 1/2 acre plan on using for mowing, putting in a garden, some drainage projects, fence post, moving dirt etc. pretty excited....
6*Plan on getting some implaments with the 72 mo deal. Will keep everyone up to date and put some pics when it happens....Ray in Wa.
1*They all cut fine.
2*I would forget the 54'' mower and bagger rig.
The 54'' won't mow up close enough to ditches banks and other objects thus leaving you with more trimming .
3*I would go with the 60'' mower and no mulcher.
4*No issue.
5*Can't beat it.
6*Get all of them you can with that 72 month o % deal and save a bundle on them too.:)

/ GC2410 #4  
Welcome to TBN. Don't have a mower for mine so can't commnt. For 1.5 acres are you sure you need such a large mower deck? I would think 48" would be plenty and if you add a blower you are even wider. It really depends on if you have lots of landscape and trees. I disagree with LBrown and think a blower is a good add for the location you are at. Lived in WA for 10 years and know the grass does not decompose as fast as other places, not hot enough. Most of the time its wet and clumpy.

/ GC2410 #5  
Welcome to TBN. Don't have a mower for mine so can't commnt.
1*For 1.5 acres are you sure you need such a large mower deck? I would think 48" would be plenty and if you add a blower you are even wider. It really depends on if you have lots of landscape and trees.
2* I disagree with LBrown and think a blower is a good add for the location you are at. Lived in WA for 10 years and know the grass does not decompose as fast as other places, not hot enough. Most of the time its wet and clumpy.
1*I don't determine a mower decks width judging by lot / land size.
Instead i select it based on will it reach out far enough past the tractor tires to trim along ditches banks and around trees buildings the house and other obsticales.
I've found anything less than 54'' meant you can't mow in close enouth to those things so it leaves you with excess trimming with that ole back breckin string trimmer.
It's why I have a 60'' MMM on my BX23.
The BX1500 with a 48'' MMM is a pain to try to mow in close with .
Wish I'd gotten it with a 54'' mower .:(
The 54'' mower on my Cub Cadet GT 2554 works a lot better for that than the Kubota with the 48'' mower does.
:)
2*I've been mowing this place for 42 years with just the mower and letting the clippings lay.
No raking blowing vacuming or mulching.
I guess since it's worked so good for so long I won't chang things.:D

/ GC2410 #6  
Looking at the GC2410. Wondering what type of mowers and the type of cut you have. Looking at the 54 inch with a Humbolt bagger. Curious about the mulcher deck and the 60 " deck. What type a cut with a side discharge and no bagger. 72 months what a sweet deal. Very close to buying, wife's on board. Have about 1 1/2 acre plan on using for mowing, putting in a garden, some drainage projects, fence post, moving dirt etc. pretty excited....Plan on getting some implaments with the 72 mo deal. Will keep everyone up to date and put some pics when it happens....Ray in Wa.

Good luck getting any service after the sale with Humbolt........They are horrible to deal with.