Dealer Not Happy with MF Dealer

/ Not Happy with MF Dealer #11  
Currently have a 1974 MF165, wanted to get a new massey with 4wd and better breaks, etc - so I figure I'll buy a new 2615 utility model. ok, so in June 2008 I go to my MF dealer and order a new tractor, we do all the paperwork and spec it out... well, it's February 2009 and still no tractor. I went back a few times, even took money once for a down payment - "no, no, don't need that, we'll get your tractor in..." - haha never heard from them again, they don't even return phone calls. Apparently MF dosn't need to sell tractors these days. Currently looking at a Kioti - way better dealer.

You're in canada .....I've never been a massey man but loved certain models ..We have a few big dealers who have stock but generally price their stock right out of the game...Sometimes making green look attractive......?
One thing for sure "Agco" now has the name for outragiously priced parts.....Deere always took that trophy in farming circles but agco have it now.
.......MF is not MF any more ...Buy the other red or a blue one......?

/ Not Happy with MF Dealer #12  
As a newbie to the tractor thing, the 1st thing that I have learned is that you do have to be comfortable with the dealer. Listen to your gut....it's seldom wrong!

I went thru this with the John Deere dealer around here....we bought a X500 with mower deck, powerflow & snowblower. When it came to have the snowblower put on, I brought the tractor to the dealer, they put the blower on. Never made it out of the dealership, it wasn't put on correctly and they tried to short me all my weights. I had to call the owner @ home to get action. Then the "manager" of the dealership had the nerve to bust my chops about it. If you responded and you held your employees accountable, I would not of.

Then things changed here at home, we took down 40 trees, going to totally redo the entire landscaping, so a tractor with a bucket, backhoe and mower deck was in order. John Deere would not do squat for pricing, at least 3,000 more right out of the gate. The X500 had less than 30 hours on it, and they were not willing to give me much on a trade.

Went to the Massey dealership, got the warm fuzzies, got the tractor I wanted, great price, they gave me more than any of the JD dealerships would. Massey had a better financing deal, 72 months for zero interest. And they gave me more than the JD places would on a trade!!

There are going to be hiccups. Yesterday for instance, with all of the empesis on daily greasing, I was outside greasing my little heart away when I learned that the loader arms had NEVER seen a lick of grease!! The fittings still had red paint covering them. I called them and they are going to walk in on Monday getting an earfull, I was fit to be tied. They are easy to get to, and the loadr is what I have been using the most!! I was not a happy camper, but I would be willing to bet they would be here 1st thing Monday morning to fix the problem.

Even wite little hiccups, I would buy another tractor from them tomorrow.

/ Not Happy with MF Dealer #13  
the loader arms had NEVER seen a lick of grease!! The fittings still had red paint covering them.

Missed grease fittings, or grease fittings that won't accept grease, are all to common on new equipment, and have been discussed in several MF threads.

Greasing every day, in less than severe conditions, is overkill. There is such a thing as too much grease, once it starts to get all over the machine. I recommend synthetic grease. It will last longer, and not drip all over the place, when it gets hot.

Also check for loose nuts, and bolts. And chafing on hoses, after about 20 hours. Especially on compacts, sometimes if a hose is routed slightly differently than expected, it can result in a rub. Just a slight difference in the hydraulic hoses around the inside of the right tire on a 2300, as an example, can result in a rub. Another example is, the end of the throttle cable being left slightly longer on 2300's than planned, resulted in a hole in some radiator hoses, after they were being repeatedly poked by it.

All of the above is why you should do your own service, when possible. On top of saving money, you will not need to be concerned about how good a job has been done.

/ Not Happy with MF Dealer #14  
You're in canada .....I've never been a massey man but loved certain models ..We have a few big dealers who have stock but generally price their stock right out of the game...Sometimes making green look attractive......?
One thing for sure "Agco" now has the name for outragiously priced parts.....Deere always took that trophy in farming circles but agco have it now.
.......MF is not MF any more ...Buy the other red or a blue one......?

Uh.....what????? From all my experiences, and from all I hear in farming circles here in the US, AGCO is the LOWEST priced of the majors (for parts).... New Holland is OUTRAGEOUS, followed by Deere (still outrageous) , with AGCO being expensive, but not nearly so as NH and Deere. I've owned enough of all three to be a fair judge on my own. And I have 2 new MF's and 3 new Deeres now. (New being 2 years old or less) Not playing favorites, they're ALL too expensive...... ;)

/ Not Happy with MF Dealer #15  
From what I have found tractor dealerships are in the same company as used car lots. Yes they take your money....yes they deliver the product...... No they don't have anyone working cheap enough to service it. I was promised three times to get my new holland in for service ( would be nice if it happened within the 2 year warranty ) but they are too busy. Maybe that is because they have a free pick up and delivery policy while under warranty.. The added hydraulic remotes leaked, the front axle was dry of oil, and the freeze plug heater and thermostat was not installed. I guess they are just trying to survive with the customer paying jobs. Contemplating a cab tractor....... not from these folks though.

/ Not Happy with MF Dealer #16  
So they Didnot grease the loader........It happens! If you piss the dealer off he will not what to take care of you down the road........Maybe try calling and nicely asking for someone to come out and grease your loader.......We will do anything to help out, But if someone calls in and chews me out about something like that i will not forget it

/ Not Happy with MF Dealer #17  
So they Didnot grease the loader........It happens! If you piss the dealer off he will not what to take care of you down the road........Maybe try calling and nicely asking for someone to come out and grease your loader.......We will do anything to help out, But if someone calls in and chews me out about something like that i will not forget it

I agree, I have 2 dealers in my area that are great and will bend over backwards to make the customer happy. They also know that I will most likely buy another tractor in the next few years and the toughest part is deciding which one to get it from. I am sure if I went in with a negative attitude things would be different. I would also be unhappy about the lack of grease on the loader but I would approach it a little more carefully, its a give & take relationship. You need them as much as they need you. I found 2 fittings on my BH that were not greased.:mad: I didnt realize it until I took it off but it hasnt had much use yet anyway, I greased them and went on my way.:rolleyes:

/ Not Happy with MF Dealer #18  

Good tip, yea, maybe I did over react. I will be sure to call them 1st thing Monday morning and apologize for being such a hothead. :eek:

I guess that I look at the $19,000 that I just plunked down. I'm sure glad your not my dealer....
:rolleyes:

I would not think that the folks at Massey Ferguison corporate headquarters would like that approach. Or at least if you're gonna have that attitude/approach, it might behoove you to keep it to yourself.

/ Not Happy with MF Dealer #19  
When I wanted to buy a new base model Toyota Tundra --cash--a few years ago I went to my local dealer. I try to deal with this one guy because he has a family. Anyway, he says he can't find one or get one. Said he would call when he got one but offered no hope. Haven't had one in months he said. Aren't any around.

Anyway, I went on the net, crossed things around and started searching inventories and calling dealers within a 100 mile radius. Found a dealer that said he didn't have one but could get just want I wanted in one day. I made a deal over the phone on the asssumption what dealer told me was true and had my vehicle a couple days later. I was surprised I spent around $1,000 less, too.

Other dealer never called but he saw the vehicle maybe a year later and I didn't say anything. Oh, well.
Someone has one of those tractors I'll bet.

/ Not Happy with MF Dealer #20  

What ever happened to the customer is always right.

If your 100% in the wrong, as this dealer is in this case, you should take your lumps, because you deserve them.

Yes, grease fittings are missed, a lot, and there is really no excuse for it. Prepping a tractor is not rocket science, people trust you to make sure it's done right, when it's not, valuable confidence in your service department is lost.

Since there are simple ways to eliminate this, like using the page out of the service manual that shows the locations of the fittings as a check list, or having someone who knows what they are doing, spend 5 minutes checking juniors work, the fact that it still continues, leads to one conclusion.

As far as "Not wanting to take care of you down the road" goes, I can't recall ever being "taken care of" by any kind of dealer, when they had the opportunity to do so. And, since I spent 30 years in the service business, I have never chewed one out. So, he may not have had anything to lose.