Dealer Not Happy with MF Dealer

/ Not Happy with MF Dealer #1  

dking

Bronze Member
Tractor
Kioti DK45SE / Massey Furguson 165
Currently have a 1974 MF165, wanted to get a new massey with 4wd and better breaks, etc - so I figure I'll buy a new 2615 utility model. ok, so in June 2008 I go to my MF dealer and order a new tractor, we do all the paperwork and spec it out... well, it's February 2009 and still no tractor. I went back a few times, even took money once for a down payment - "no, no, don't need that, we'll get your tractor in..." - haha never heard from them again, they don't even return phone calls. Apparently MF dosn't need to sell tractors these days. Currently looking at a Kioti - way better dealer.

/ Not Happy with MF Dealer #2  
Currently have a 1974 MF165, wanted to get a new massey with 4wd and better breaks, etc - so I figure I'll buy a new 2615 utility model. ok, so in June 2008 I go to my MF dealer and order a new tractor, we do all the paperwork and spec it out... well, it's February 2009 and still no tractor. I went back a few times, even took money once for a down payment - "no, no, don't need that, we'll get your tractor in..." - haha never heard from them again, they don't even return phone calls. Apparently MF dosn't need to sell tractors these days. Currently looking at a Kioti - way better dealer.
It's only been 8 months.
At least nobody can say you're rushing it.:D:D:D

/ Not Happy with MF Dealer #3  

I wouldn't even buy a Glow Plug from that dealer.

/ Not Happy with MF Dealer #4  

John Deere isn't any better either, 75% o JD dealers are the sorriest
people you can deal with.

/ Not Happy with MF Dealer #5  
I would of never let this happen @ my Dealer Ship. I will say the 2615 and 2625 have been hard to get........Good luck!!!!

/ Not Happy with MF Dealer #6  
The local Massey dealer is excellent, but getting on in years. When he retires, the people with Massey's are going to be in a world of hurt.

/ Not Happy with MF Dealer #7  
It sounds like the Massey dealer is on par with your health care system.

/ Not Happy with MF Dealer #8  
========

Maybe this is all a good thing. Too bad for the long wait but can you imagine investing all that money first and taking delivery only to need a part for that thing. The wait could start all over again. At least you have not been held to this deal in that this company has failed to deliver. Quick, get that Kioti or another brand. I'll bet you can find one right in stock and drive it out of the showroom.

There's no excuse for something like this to have happened and is a direct reflection on the dealer or product.

rim

/ Not Happy with MF Dealer #9  
dking, does your dealership have MF tractors on the lot? Is it possible they are not in good standing for what ever reason and can not get them? Are they switching to another brand or being forced to? Some of the Agrco dealerships have been terminated here for having another product line. Best I understood Agrco sold or something along that line, the marketing or distributor rights to a 3rd party. This was a while back.

/ Not Happy with MF Dealer #10  
Sorry about the dealer. I have a dealer i am very happy with. You can chat with the mechanics no body runs away when they see you coming etc.

Like someone else said if they are not in good standing or poor credit they may not be able to get your unit. Of course that in itself is not a good anwser they should be explaining why they can't get your unit.

I am not sure if it works this way but if your dealer doesn't sell enough units they may get pushed to the bottom of the list when it comes to ordering.
Again this doesn't help you and is not fair to you, like you said it is just pushing you to go somewhere else.

You have to be comfortable with your dealer.

Shane