2600 Series

/ 2600 Series #1  

Turbys_1700

Elite Member
Tractor
New Holland t4.75
I have several question about the 2600 series.

I am specifically interested in opinions of the 2625 4WD. This looks like an excellent utility tractor that could be used on our 100 acres.

Specifically...

Is the Simpson Diesel sleeved?

Since it is a Perkins licensed product, is it as good as a Perkins?

Is it as fuel efficient as a Perkins?

How reliable are the 2600 series tractors?

How good is the quality control of the units?

I know that these are a relatively new series and probably not a lot of folk have them out in the field.

Any input would be greatly appreciated.

/ 2600 Series #2  
I own two MF2615 tractors (one 2wd and one 4wd) and they are excellent machines!

The Simpson Diesel Engine is new to North America, but it has been manufactured and used overseas for many years. Nothing is better than a Perkins Diesel Engine, but the Simpson Diesel is very reliable. I'm not sure if it's a sleeved engine, but it is actually more fuel efficient as compared to a Perkins.

The MF2600 series tractors have big shoes to fill (replacing the smaller MF500 series tractors), but they will uphold the history of durability and reliability that Massey Ferguson is famous for.

/ 2600 Series #3  
I own two MF2615 tractors (one 2wd and one 4wd) and they are excellent machines!

The Simpson Diesel Engine is new to North America, but it has been manufactured and used overseas for many years. Nothing is better than a Perkins Diesel Engine, but the Simpson Diesel is very reliable. I'm not sure if it's a sleeved engine, but it is actually more fuel efficient as compared to a Perkins.

The MF2600 series tractors have big shoes to fill (replacing the smaller MF500 series tractors), but they will uphold the history of durability and reliability that Massey Ferguson is famous for.

Glad to hear you are happy with yours. I thought the Simpson Diesel was a Perkins just licensed to Simpson??

/ 2600 Series #4  
I really wanted one of those tractors. I ordered one in June 2008 - as of February I still didn't get it - bad dealer - so I bought a kioti. I was looking (drooling) over one at the farm show today.

/ 2600 Series #5  
I really wanted one of those tractors. I ordered one in June 2008 - as of February I still didn't get it - bad dealer - so I bought a kioti. I was looking (drooling) over one at the farm show today.

Sorry to hear about the bad dealer. They can really annoy me. Have had some experiences with one also. Will not see a penny of our money ever again!!

/ 2600 Series #6  
The Simpson Diesel is Perkins Blueprints built by Simpson Diesel. The engines do have sleeves just looked at the parts books for MF 2625.

More on 2600 Series Tractor:
Simpson Engines: .:: Diesel Engines ::.
Assembled by TAFE (Tractors and Farm Equipment) built to Massey Ferguson Specs: TAFE : HOME

Lots of expierence in tractor and engine building technology by both companies. I've heard that Perkins and Massey have interest in both companies but India Government has kick backs for Indian companies and they use the new company names to get support from the Indian Government. TAFE built over 80,000 Tractors in 2008. Simpson builds approximately 72,000 engines a year with expansion plans for up to 100,000 Engines.

/ 2600 Series
Thanks for the info Agcodealer...

TAFE and Massey has had a very good relationship for years and has always put out a fine product...

I like sleeved-engines over parent-bore for agricultural applications...

I guess that I have an affinity to those power-crater sleeved D-17's sitting in the barn...