Looking at the 1529

/ Looking at the 1529 #1  

jwillett

Silver Member
Tractor
MF 1532
New to the board and just getting as much info as I can on the 1529. I have been kicking the tires for two weeks now and the 1529 seems to fit my needs and my trailer. My useage will be keeping up a 51 acre home place; bush hogging, 3-5 acre garden, deer food plots, and keep up our trails. Of the three dealers I have checked the prices are close so I ask what are these going for in other areas? How are they holding up? I can get a good 1971 MF 135 but have to come up with all the cash at once and 0% for 72 months is just better for me at this time.

Thanks,
Jim

Last edited:
   / Looking at the 1529 #2  
Hi
Welcome to the group.
I like my 1529, I've had it for a year now and have had no problems with it. It is a very nice size tractor, very maneuverable with decent power. The only thing I would suggest is that with 50 acres you may want to take a look at the 1532. It is the same size tractor, but the extra power may help you with your bush hog. I don't think that my price would help you compare since I'm Canadian. I paid 17500 CDN for the tractor and loader.
Frank

/ Looking at the 1529
Thanks for the reply Frank, I will look into the 1532, I always like more power. LOL

Jim

/ Looking at the 1529 #4  
With 50 + Look at the 1533L 8X8 66" bucket for 19999.00 with 0% 72mo

/ Looking at the 1529
I ended up getting a 1532, not sure when it will get here but can't wait.
I now have to clean out the garage so I can get it inside. :eek: I might get to use the FEL for that. LOL

Jim

/ Looking at the 1529 #6  
Jim

That's great what kind of a deal did you get? Did you go with the gear model or syncro shuttle? Make sure you get the pin lock quick attach for the loader, it's real handy and only about $250.00 so you wont even notice it in the price.
I was lucky when I got mine they had 3 in stock to pick from.
Don't forget pictures are a must once you get it.
Frank

/ Looking at the 1529
I got the syncro shuttle and the skid steer bucket, it should be here soon.
Oh and there will be pictures.

Jim

/ Looking at the 1529 #8  
I got the syncro shuttle and the skid steer bucket,
Jim

Jim
You got a skid steer bucket or the pin lock quick attach? I didn't think you could get the skid steer quick attach on the 1529/1532. That must be new my dealer didn't mention it was an option.
Frank

/ Looking at the 1529
Jim
You got a skid steer bucket or the pin lock quick attach? I didn't think you could get the skid steer quick attach on the 1529/1532. That must be new my dealer didn't mention it was an option.
Frank

Yes, it is suppost to be the skid steer quick attach, my dealer said that is the only way they order them now. I still don't have a date on when it will be here so we will see when it gets here but was ordered that way. It was also on the quote it got on the 1529 too.

Jim

/ Looking at the 1529 #10  
Jim
Any update on your delivery date?
I had a look in the online parts book and they do have a skid steer quick attach, now I'm kinda bummed my dealer didn't mention it. How much was it on the quote for the SS quick attach?
Frank