Lift arm length help

/ Lift arm length help #1  

shawn1533

Tractor
MF 1533
I need someone to help verify the length of my lift arms on my Massey Ferguson 1533 with larger R4 tires. I am measuring 25 from hole to hole. It appears that my arms are too short and I am bottomed out on my top link on most of my implements. Even after cutting several threads off of my top link I still can not get enough adjustment on my box blade. Does MF have different arms for different tire sizes? I have included pictures of my lift arm and top link measurement.

Thank you
Shawn

Attachments

• DSCF3321 (Small).JPG
    DSCF3321 (Small).JPG
    54.7 KB · Views: 216
  • DSCF3322 (Small).JPG
    DSCF3322 (Small).JPG
    45 KB · Views: 215
   / Lift arm length help #2  
does it have the stock top link? i have the 1547 not sure if they are close. does where the top link attach have 4 holes.. the top hole is for heavy and the bottom is for high ground clearance.. jon

/ Lift arm length help
I do have the stock top link and the 4 hole adjustment. If I am in the bottom hole I am too long even with the top link at the shortest length. If I am in the top hole I am still slightly on the back of the box blade with the shortest top link. If I had a 5th hole that was more forward or the lift arms were longer I would not have an issue. I have also noticed that on most implements I am very close to not making it past the pins for mounting. To add an implement I have to slide it to the connected side to make the other connection. I repeat this procedure in reverse for removal. This is a real pain with a 500# implement. Maybe I am use to my TO-35 which is a lot easier to work with.

And finally is the MF 1533 top link a dealer only length? I would like to have a few extra at pre set lengths for the finish mower and brush hog.

Thank you
Shawn

/ Lift arm length help #4  
you might try one of those pats easy change ends. iv never used one but looks like it would add a few inches to the lower arm. Im sure you can get top links at a store other then the dealer

/ Lift arm length help
Would another problem be created by reversing the pins on the box blade to point in vs out?

I have looked at TSC for the top link but mine is the size of a CAT0 with CAT1 holes. It measures 18" at its shortest distance.

Last edited:
   / Lift arm length help #6  
I need someone to help verify the length of my lift arms on my Massey Ferguson 1533 with larger R4 tires. I am measuring 25 from hole to hole. It appears that my arms are too short and I am bottomed out on my top link on most of my implements. Even after cutting several threads off of my top link I still can not get enough adjustment on my box blade. Does MF have different arms for different tire sizes? I have included pictures of my lift arm and top link measurement.

Thank you
Shawn

Shawn,

I do not have specific measurements on the arm length, but I have always felt that the arms on my 1533 are too short as well. I bought mine in 2005, and I think they only offered the larger size tires. Your pictures look like your situation is equivalent to mine. I had to buy a shorter top link for use with my box blade. I got it off of e-bay, and I think it measures 14" center to center in its shortest position.

/ Lift arm length help
Talked to the dealer today and he special ordered me a 13 ?4 top link for $30.00. I think the center section is about 9? He said MF does not have a longer bottom link and agrees the ones on the 1533 are on the shorter side. While I am there I am going to pick up a new single bottom plow.

Thanks for the help.