6' bush hog with 1533?

/ 6' bush hog with 1533? #1  

BudinTenn

New here. Am considering purchasing a 2005 1533 with FEL. The guy I am buying from says it will pull a 6' bush hog okay. I think it is way light on HP? Will I have to get a 5'? Thanks for your opinions.

/ 6' bush hog with 1533? #2  
I had a 1433 for several years, it would pull a 6' very well in most conditions. It needs be a lighter weight unit though. Mine was a heavy duty and really was a bit heavy for the tractor.

/ 6' bush hog with 1533?
Thanks for the information!

/ 6' bush hog with 1533? #4  
Good Afternoon Bud,
The 1533 would probablly be OK with the 6 ft in most conditions, but if your in high grass and pulling some big hills your not going to take a full cut ! I have an old Massey 1040 32 hp engine and 28 at the pto, about 2 hp more than the 1533, and I use a 5 ft bushog squealer and I have to take smaller cuts in deep grass when pulling steep hills ! If on the flat, you should be fine IMO !

Attachments

• Mowin.jpg
    Mowin.jpg
    184.8 KB · Views: 492
   / 6' bush hog with 1533?
Thanks ScottVT. What damage might it do if I were to run a 6' bush hog behind the 1533.? Will it over stress the PTO clutch? I will ooccasionally be mowing about 15acres (once or twice a year). Some small trees will be involved. These make some racket but as you mentioned, the thick grass its what bogs things down with my Farmall 504 diesel(45 worn out HP). I am thinking I need to consider something with more HP. The 1533 sure is handy though.

/ 6' bush hog with 1533? #6  
The main problem I had with the 1433V was the weight overall from the heavy duty 6' hog. The FEL had to stay on with the 6' brushhog on to keep the front end from getting light and I damaged screw adjustment in the 3 pt lift assembly. As mentioned in very heavy grass sometimes I would need to take a narrower cut than a full 6' at times, not very often though. I should have traded my 6' for a 5' when I first got the tractor, because some of the areas I used it in where too rough. Or more truthfully I shouldn't have had that tractor there anyway and been using a heavier tractor and my batwing.:eek:

I ended up trading my 1433V for a T7074 Montana to use in my haying operation. Know I really need to trade the 5' for a 7' to use in tight areas.:(

/ 6' bush hog with 1533? #7  
First time poster here, but I have been reading a lot of the threads here before I purchased my tractor. I took delivery of a 1533 this past Friday and am very pleased with it so far. It does everything I have asked of it and more. I was in the same dilemma about the 5' or 6' bush hog. I finally settled on the 5' more for price than anything. The dealer had a 5' that was on last years pricing and the 6' was on new pricing. Since the purchase I am glad that I went with the 5', it is more suited for my use.

/ 6' bush hog with 1533? #8  
For heavy cutting of brush, saplings, etc... get a 5'. If you will just be cutting grass or weeds, a 6' will work but suggest you drive a little slower.

/ 6' bush hog with 1533?
Thanks to each of you for the helpfull information. For now will lean toward a 55 HP FEL tractor but due to cost, without the 4wd. Thanks again.

/ 6' bush hog with 1533? #10  
I pull a 5 footer with my 1533. I agree, it'd probably run a 6' for light cutting. Any high grass or brush, no.