1533 Tires... Small R4s on Rear?

/ 1533 Tires... Small R4s on Rear? #1  

gpflepsen

Silver Member
I read the following post, and the comment on the tires struck me;

Hello! I've been reading the forums here for a while and really appreciate all the good information I've been able to gather. I'm looking at purchasing a new tractor and really like the looks of the MF 1540. I had originally been looking at the 1533, but it appears the price increase is not bad for 7 extra hp. :) I'm considering the following options:

-1525 loader (unless there's a better alternative) with the skid steer quick attach bucket
-Large R4 tires
-Power Shuttle 12x12 Transmission
-1580 backhoe

Any changes you would make? :confused:

Does anyone have a good estimate of the price I should expect from a dealer?

I have quite a bit of experience with an 8N Ford, but I would like to add a tractor with 4wd with a loader to the shed. My main uses would be light loader work and light to moderate bush hogging. The backhoe is optional right now but with 0% for 72 months it is very tempting to add! :rolleyes:

Thanks,
SF

I'm getting a 1533 w/ the R4's in a couple weeks. I have always assumed that the tire choices were either R1, R3, R4 etc. I recalled this post specifically calling out large R4's after coming across the pictures HERE supposedly showing small R4's on a 1533. What's going on that I don't understand? Do some 1533's come with small R4's? There will be some words and last minute shuffling if my 1533 comes with small R4's as depicted in the linked photos, not that there's anything wrong with them... It's just not what I'm expecting.

/ 1533 Tires... Small R4s on Rear? #2  
That's the first time I've seen small R4s. Looks kind of throwed off. I wouldn't want them.

On second look, are they really smaller or are the fenders just really high.

/ 1533 Tires... Small R4s on Rear? #3  
Very few get the small R4's so it is usually a special order or request. The small R4's are typically needed for the mid-mount mower (clearance).

/ 1533 Tires... Small R4s on Rear? #4  
If you use the "Build your own tractor" tool on the Massey Ferguson website that's one of the options they give you; small or large R4s.

/ 1533 Tires... Small R4s on Rear? #5  
Hi, the tractor on the picture you show is mine and yes it has small tires on it. It's the same tires that are on the 1532 I think. Their are a little cheaper than the large I think... But when I buy it, I don't pay attention to the size of the tires because I was thinking that the R4 came in only one size, and the large one. So I was a little suprised when they deliver it to me with those small tires. I keep them for about a year and I change them after to put large R4 instead becaus the 1525 FEL was too heavy for those little tire in the front and they worn out really quickly and because my tractor look a lot better with the big tires;)! The traction is almost the same on the two.

Scuse me for my english, I'm from Quebec...

/ 1533 Tires... Small R4s on Rear?

Attachments

• 45033DSCN1828.JPG
    45033DSCN1828.JPG
    173.6 KB · Views: 222