1982 MF230 - what to ask

/ 1982 MF230 - what to ask #1  

cdelwood

With Bush Hog 5foot front end loader and Howse box blade. The injectors need work and the tractor is not running.

How much should I ask for it?

cd

/ 1982 MF230 - what to ask #2  
Tough question.....Not running absolutely KILLS the value. A RUNNING 230 in average condition w/o implements sells in the general neighborhood of $4000 to $4500 here. Add/subtract for good/bad rubber. "Needs injector work" is a broad statement. Is that injector cleaning or a new injector pump....? Can be anywhere from a simple DIY fix-it to a very expensive shop visit. ($100 to $1500 fix????) That sort of problem scares the bejesus out of most folks and simply turns away those who know what the problem CAN involve. I'd say it'll knock the value down to less than $2500. Loader adds $1000+ to a tractor of that nature. Maybe more on a GOOD tractor. Box blade adds MAYBE $250/$300.

Knowing MF230's and how they sell here, along with what info you've provided, I'd walk away from anything over $3000.

/ 1982 MF230 - what to ask #3  
With Bush Hog 5foot front end loader and Howse box blade. The injectors need work and the tractor is not running.

How much should I ask for it?

cd

I agree with FWJ. He knows MFs inside and out.

The loader is worth more than that busted tractor. My rule of thumb is that a non-running tractor is worth $700 until I know precisely why it's broken and approximately how much the repairs will cost and whether I can do the repairs myself or need to get the work done elsewhere.