1989 MF231 worth??

/ 1989 MF231 worth?? #1  

inseeme

Silver Member
Tractor
Kubota M7040
A 1989 1 owner 231 shed kept, pictures look good owner said he serviced yearly 1314 hours whats it worth?

/ 1989 MF231 worth?? #2  
I'd say it's worth the $6,700 he's asking. It comes with a finish mower, scrape blade, boom pole, sickle mower, and some sort of tillage tool. I saw that ad on craigslist and thought about calling, but it's a little far from me. One thing I did see that didn't look right is the fenders; from 1989-1996 the 231 had flat top fenders, and from 97-99 dished fenders. I would inquire as to why he had the fenders changed.

/ 1989 MF231 worth?? #3  
First, I'd get the serial # and send me a Private Message, or post it on here if you choose to.

Second, My 231 is a 1998, with the "shell" or "dish" type fenders. I bought it for $8,000 a couple years ago with 480 hours on the meter. I now have 730 hours on it and you couldn't give me today, More than what I paid for it 2 years ago. I wouldn't take it. I've had 5 tractors within a 3 year period and the 231 Massey Ferguson is By Far My Favorite. I Honestly will Never plan to sell this one.

My uncle just sold his 98' MF 231. The tractor was ragged out, but ran well for what it was put through. He sold the disks, boom pole, box, trailer, and bush hog all for $7500. Knowing what everything was put through, he got an excellent price in my opinion. The stuff that was in descent condition was the disks and boom pole. I probably wouldn't have gave him $5000 for Everything.

I have an owner's manual, parts book, and some other Important info on this tractor (cross over filter number references) if you or anybody else is interested.

The first thing I'd do if I were you is get that serial number and research it.

Travis R

/ 1989 MF231 worth??
Thanks Travis, just curious why would you get the serial number? to find the exact year?? I will try and get tomorrow and send to you. Thanks both of you for all your help.

/ 1989 MF231 worth??
Called the guy to see if I could come get the tractor today, he sold it Monday evening ole well. Gonna keep looking.

/ 1989 MF231 worth?? #6  
Thanks Travis, just curious why would you get the serial number? to find the exact year?? I will try and get tomorrow and send to you. Thanks both of you for all your help.

Thats correct. The serial number will tell you the year.