Trade in GC2310 for GC2410 or GC2610

/ Trade in GC2310 for GC2410 or GC2610 #1  

jmainel1

Tractor
2012 Massey Ferguson GC1710TLB
I have a 2006 GC2310 TLB with just under 100 hrs. Overall, I love this machine, but after looking at the new ones, I got say I like some of the upgrades. Especially the hose hookups being moved, like the New Holland. Also, I HATE the single HST pedal with the brake just above it, sometimes I hit the brake and HST pedal at the same time, moving the brake to the other side was a great improvement, and the tiny little emergency break lever change is great too. The backhoe is only aesthetic I think. I know these are mainly creature comfort issues, so I don't know that mine is worht in trade. Like I said only 100 hrs and excellent condition. A little paint wore where the hose touched the engine cover. Chances are it'll cost me about $4,000. I can't justify the money for those features, yet...Anyone have any thoughts or anything else I have missed?

/ Trade in GC2310 for GC2410 or GC2610 #2  
I did this last year when the GC26210 first came out. I know it's more money, but I love the extra HP, especially when mowing. My 2310 would bog down sometimes, but you can't stop the new one. The pedals are a lot better and I love the cruise control. The backhoe is ten times better.

/ Trade in GC2310 for GC2410 or GC2610 #3  
You never go shopping for a wedding dress, after you have bought one.

There is always a better, more powerful tractor than the one you have. If your happy with your current tractor, and it is capable of doing the job, I see not reason to change it.

Sure some things needed improvement, I am sure there are features on the new ones that I would also change.

With the current market, I would be real surprised if you could change tractors and only lay out another $4K.

/ Trade in GC2310 for GC2410 or GC2610 #4  
You never go shopping for a wedding dress, after you have bought one.

There is always a better, more powerful tractor than the one you have. If your happy with your current tractor, and it is capable of doing the job, I see not reason to change it.

Sure some things needed improvement, I am sure there are features on the new ones that I would also change.

With the current market, I would be real surprised if you could change tractors and only lay out another $4K.

I agree with Ray, just think of all the other things you can do w/ that $4000 (or likely even more $$$). I have a GC2410 and looked at a 2310 when I was tractor shopping, and there wasn't enough of a difference that I'd consider spending that much money on (even to get the 2610).

/ Trade in GC2310 for GC2410 or GC2610 #5  
I also agree, unless your going to upgrade to a larger chassis machine due to the need I would keep the 2310. If it has proven to you that it is reliable and it does what you need it to do then keep it. If you needed a larger machine consider a 1500 series. I dont think the 2410 or 2610 is that much of an improvement to soak the $4000 into, just my 2 cents.:rolleyes:

Last edited: