GC24/26 owners

/ GC24/26 owners #1  

wrangler6831

Silver Member
Tractor
2- 65 M-F, 6245 Zetor /loader, GC2600 M-F /loader, BX24 Loader/BH
I just picked up a new 2600 and have a question. I know how to lock the mower deck UP so that you can still operate the 3PH but can you do the opposite? I need to lock the 3PH up and still be able to lift and lower the mower. I have read the book but didn't see anything other than the page about locking the lift with the speed knob. Thanks

Rich

/ GC24/26 owners #2  
Same as my 2310, I suspect-- 3PH will move up & down as mower deck is raised & lowered, no way to avoid that unless.....

I found that, while going straight up & down slopes for mowing --don't want to tip tractor sideways, now do we?-- the 3PH arms would dig into the turf at the bottom of the rather steep slope. Kept wondering what those "cuts" in the dirt were!:eek:

Solution: Since I don't have any 3PH attachments at this time and don't anticipate getting any in the near future, I simply removed the 3PH assembly. The main power arms still go up & down, but they don't really project beyond the tractor much and are up in the air a bit.

No more digs in the grass!:D

It took about 15 minutes to remove the parts & organize them neatly so I can re-attach when necessary-- coupla large bolts and some smaller ones to facilitate removing the lower pivot arm. Right rear tire does have to be removed to get the pivot arm out, however.

For me, that works. (Also makes it much easier to see transmission sight glass and exposed that nice trailer towing ball location!)

Attachments

• 3PH removed-1.JPG
    3PH removed-1.JPG
    143.5 KB · Views: 123
  • 3PH removed-2.JPG
    3PH removed-2.JPG
    146.4 KB · Views: 133
   / GC24/26 owners
Thanks, I thought I was just overlooking something.

/ GC24/26 owners #4  
It took about 15 minutes to remove the parts & organize them neatly so I can re-attach when necessary-- coupla large bolts and some smaller ones to facilitate removing the lower pivot arm. Right rear tire does have to be removed to get the pivot arm out, however.

I actually remove the 3-pt hitch as well when attaching the backhoe (don't know why, I just found it easier to take the few minutes to remove it and not deal with it, so I guess I'm a creature of habit).

You don't need to remove the rear tire to just remove the 3 pt hitch (only if you also want to remove the pin that they attach to). Just remove the little metal plate at one end of the pin that keeps it in place, slide the pin all the way to the right until it hits the tire, slide on your 3pt arms, then slide the pin back in place and reattach the little metal plate.

/ GC24/26 owners #5  
Never occurred to me to slide the ARMS instead of the ROD!:eek:

OK, I guess I had -- some kind of moment-- there, I guess! Thanks, Johnny-- I can see perfectly what you mean in my head. (Why didn't I think of this?) A real "DUH!" moment!:D:D