MF 1533?

/ MF 1533? #1  

chrisdvorak

Gold Member
Tractor
too many
i am looking to buy a tractor with FEL and i think the mf 1533 is a good way to go, does anyone have any complaints about them? the other thing i wanted to ask was for that size tractor it seems light on hp do you think it has enough to brush hog and move heavy materials with the loader?

/ MF 1533? #2  
It's a great tractor. I bush hog , and finish mow 7 1/2 acers, no problem. I also find it usefull when remodleing as I have filled the bucked to overflowing with bricks,cinder blocks and rocks. The 1533 has handled all I've thrown at it with ease.

/ MF 1533? #3  
1533 is a great tractor. What size cutter do you want to run? If you want to do a bunch of mowing you might want to step up to a 1540 for a little more hp. The price difference is little. I think you would like a 6ft cutter better on a 40hp rather than a 33hp, though both would do it. Lift capacity is the same for both, so that wouldn't make a difference.
I would also suggest the power shuttle, it makes reversing a breeze.

/ MF 1533?
i am not going to do a bunch of brush cutting, just some side jobs to help pay for the machine. and also how does it start in the cold weather?

/ MF 1533? #5  
Mine starts fine in cold weather. It probably doesn't get as cold here as where you are, but I haven't had any issues.

I have plenty of power for a 5' bushhog, 7' disc, and 6' finish mower. I use it on 38 acres, mostly timber with 10-12 acres to bushhog and 3 acres to mow. It'll lift or move anything I need it to, within reason of course. I like mine, but probably would go with the 1540 if I had it to do over. That's mostly hp envy rather than need, though.

/ MF 1533? #6  
I had a 1433 (basically the same tractor) and I had no problems running a 5' brush hog with it (it's for sale if you're interested, ;) ) and as other's mentioned, the loader is fine within it's limits...I did a ton of work with it before I traded up for my current tractor.

As for cold weather starting, I kept mine in an un-heated barn and it always started fine; never a problem!

/ MF 1533?
how much are you asking for it??:rolleyes:

/ MF 1533? #8  
how much are you asking for it??:rolleyes:

It's a Massey Ferguson brand rotary cutter model 2005 (5 foot). 60 hp. gearbox with slip clutch protection. Stump jumper. Cutting range: 2" to 12". Deck thickness is 10 ga; side skirts are 7 ga. PTO requirements are 30 to 50 hp. Weight = 735 pounds.

I bought it new 6 years ago when I bought the 1433 and used it mainly for mowing along my driveway and around my hay fields. I am looking to buy a wider one as I have bought a larger tractor. $900 CASH; delivery available for additional fees. :)