tractor and dump trailer combo

/ tractor and dump trailer combo #1  

woodchuckcanuck

Silver Member
Tractor
still looking
I'm wondering just how big can you go to do something like this? I think this is the perfect setup. Could this be done with a MF1533 or 1635? I don't know what model that is in the photo.

CK30TRAILER_000.JPG

Photo courtesy of Wallace Tractor and Equipment

/ tractor and dump trailer combo #2  
I have a Branson 3510 which is bigger than both of the tractors you mentioned. I can put it in my 7x14 dump, barely. The backhoe has to be turned slightly to fit.

/ tractor and dump trailer combo #3  
You can find dump trailers with ramps that slide out for tractor or such and on right good size dump trailers.

/ tractor and dump trailer combo
in my 7x14 dump,

Is your dump a hydraulic dump? Could you share what make/model it is?

I figured so long as the max width of the tractor can fit inside the dump and the trailer itself was relatively long enough, it should do the trick. It would be perfect to haul the tractor and trailer to the quarry, unload the tractor, fill the dump with whatever I need, return home, dump the load and go back and get the tractor.

In that picture, the FEL is up but a person wouldn't travel with the FEL upright like that... would they?

/ tractor and dump trailer combo #5  
In that picture, the FEL is up but a person wouldn't travel with the FEL upright like that... would they?

They might... I hauled a small NH tractor for a friend in my home-made utility trailer and I had to keep the loader up to avoid puting it through my tailgate if I turned too sharp, but I put it as low as I possibly could...

/ tractor and dump trailer combo #6  
I have sold several tractor/dump trailers package deals.
The reason why the loader is up like that is because of the overhang on my roll back.
The customer tucks the bucket down and it actually sets on the top of the toolbox with very little pressure.
As a mattern fact I sold a 1533 tlb package and the customer just ordered a 16' gooseneck dump.
I will see if he can send me a picture once he gets it loaded for his first job.
On a side note I ship and receive many tractors with the loaders in the air..we use a piece of angle iron in the cylinder just to be safe ya know touch up paint can't cover everything:eek:

/ tractor and dump trailer combo #7  
One note: the DOT regs on hold/tie downs has changed. They now require 4 points on any "main" piece on the trailer and 1 on each attachment. This applies to anything on a trailer. Now a home owner may not get caught, but with that type of trailer it could lead them to think you are more than a home owner and should know better. So the set up in the photo should have a chain holding both the backhoe and the loader. Granted you may never get asked or pulled over, just FYI.

/ tractor and dump trailer combo #8  
One note: the DOT regs on hold/tie downs has changed. They now require 4 points on any "main" piece on the trailer and 1 on each attachment. .

Since when?

/ tractor and dump trailer combo #9  
Since when?

At least 2007 probably earlier that that. The below link shows the requirements. It does refer to items less than 10000 lbs can also be secured using this and using light truck/car. Problem is leave it to the government to make something simple complex, due to it says "as well as", both sections apply to smaller equipment, not either or. I knew about this for larger machinery, but not until last year when I sold a JD 850 compact tractor did I know it applied to the smaller machinery the way it did. The guy that hauled it for the person who bought it was a landscaper. He had been cited for 3 improper tie downs a few months before. He was hauling his tractor with a loader and box blade. Only 1 chain through a clevis on the back, no chain on the loader or the box blade. He did have 2 chains on the front. When he tried to fight the tickets he was told it only really allowed the use of lighter tie downs.

Driver's Handbook on Cargo Securement - Chapter 10: Heavy Vehicles, Equipment, and Machinery - Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration

/ tractor and dump trailer combo #10  
At least 2007 probably earlier that that. The below link shows the requirements. It does refer to items less than 10000 lbs can also be secured using this and using light truck/car. Problem is leave it to the government to make something simple complex, due to it says "as well as", both sections apply to smaller equipment, not either or. I knew about this for larger machinery, but not until last year when I sold a JD 850 compact tractor did I know it applied to the smaller machinery the way it did. The guy that hauled it for the person who bought it was a landscaper. He had been cited for 3 improper tie downs a few months before. He was hauling his tractor with a loader and box blade. Only 1 chain through a clevis on the back, no chain on the loader or the box blade. He did have 2 chains on the front. When he tried to fight the tickets he was told it only really allowed the use of lighter tie downs.

Driver's Handbook on Cargo Securement - Chapter 10: Heavy Vehicles, Equipment, and Machinery - Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration

Does the Feds rules even cover most of the members here?