GC2600

/ GC2600 #1  

Oldgreenmachine

I visited a local MF dealer today to see a GC2600 prior to pulling the trigger of a Kubota BX25. I was impressed with the GC2600! After sitting on the tractor and driving it around a bit I am seriously thinking of now purchasing the GC2600. I have about 3 acres to mow (flat ground) and need to FEL to move firewood, hay, loose dirt/stone. Here is the deal.....GC2600 with FEL, 60" MMM, and loaded tires for $14,700. Good deal or no deal? Thanks.

/ GC2600 #2  
I got the same package and added a 48" box blade, and loaded tires for $15000.00 so I think your deal is a little better than mine. Just for comparison sake my father has a BX24 and after using the GC he said that he would definetly have bought the GC if he would have tried it out first. He said the controls just feel more natural. Either way they are both fine machines, but the GC is better.......

Rich

/ GC2600 #3  
I was all set to buy a BX25 until a friend insisted I check out a GC2410. One I saw the MF I never looked back.

/ GC2600 #4  
You won't regret it. GC2610TLB $18,300 CDN.
Kubota BX25 $18,499. Either are good machines,
it's just personal preference. Good luck....

/ GC2600 #5  
Hey Oldgreenmachine, I looked at and drove the orange machine, the bx25 first and it was good but for me the pedals were difficult for me to be picking up my foot all the time as I am disabled. I did spend about 2 months searching all the different color tractor machines and ended up with a MF GC2410.
#1) I liked the idea of the history of MF and that it is still headquartered in Duluth, Ga in the USA.
#2) The 6 yr. zero % financing was one year better than the other color tractors offered, and that allowed me to add more attachments and stay within my monthly payment budget.
#3) The MF has a great and simple 3 step removal and installation of either the backhoe or the front loader bucket assembly.
#4) I also discovered some great points from the MF website - Head-to-Head: MF GC2410 vs. Kubota BX25
This video shows some very good differences between the bx25 vs. the MF GC2410 tractors. Take a look at it regardless of which color tractor you end up purchasing.
On another note between the GC2400 and the GC2600, I think the difference in the HP rating is only from rating it at a higher RPM: the GC2400 is rated at 22.5 HP at 2600 RPM, and the GC2600 is rated at 25 HP at 3000 RPM.
Good luck with your search, KC.
B.T.W. A difference in the warranty (engine) that I discovered after my purchased (had I known before, I would of purchased the GC2610):
GC2400 & GC2410 is warranty for 2 years or 1500 hours.
GC2600 & GC2610 is warranty for 5 years or 3000 hours.

/ GC2600 #6  
I too was on the fence between the BX25 and the GC2610...long story short I'm RED:D and have not looked back:p. If your doing a lot of mowing I might suggest that you pass on loading the tires as the added weight will compact the lawn areas. A simple weight box on the 3 point will work fine to counter the FEL.

/ GC2600
Bolens,

Good thought on the ballast box vs. loaded tires - I had not thought of the concerns for compaction. Thanks. I am going to talk to the "boss" (i.e. wife) this weekend to see if a change in plans is acceptable. I bet spending less money will be alright with her.

/ GC2600 #8  
Hey Oldgreenmachine, I looked at and drove the orange machine, the bx25 first and it was good but for me the pedals were difficult for me to be picking up my foot all the time as I am disabled. I did spend about 2 months searching all the different color tractor machines and ended up with a MF GC2410.
#1) I liked the idea of the history of MF and that it is still headquartered in Duluth, Ga in the USA.
#2) The 6 yr. zero % financing was one year better than the other color tractors offered, and that allowed me to add more attachments and stay within my monthly payment budget.
#3) The MF has a great and simple 3 step removal and installation of either the backhoe or the front loader bucket assembly.
#4) I also discovered some great points from the MF website - Head-to-Head: MF GC2410 vs. Kubota BX25
This video shows some very good differences between the bx25 vs. the MF GC2410 tractors. Take a look at it regardless of which color tractor you end up purchasing.
On another note between the GC2400 and the GC2600, I think the difference in the HP rating is only from rating it at a higher RPM: the GC2400 is rated at 22.5 HP at 2600 RPM, and the GC2600 is rated at 25 HP at 3000 RPM.
Good luck with your search, KC.
B.T.W. A difference in the warranty (engine) that I discovered after my purchased (had I known before, I would of purchased the GC2610):
GC2400 & GC2410 is warranty for 2 years or 1500 hours.
GC2600 & GC2610 is warranty for 5 years or 3000 hours.

I don't believe the warranty is any different between the GC2400/2410 and the GC2600/2610, at least according to the owner's manual that came with my '09 2410. I think the confusion comes from page 24 of the manual that does outline a warranty period of 5 years or 3,000 hours for 25-50hp engines and two years or 1500 hours for <25hp (19KW) engines. However the engine specifications listed on page 83 define the gross engine horsepower of the GC2600/GC2610 at 24.5hp (18KW). While I realize the sales information states the 2600 at 25hp, I believe the manual is the governing document that defines the warranty terms.

My dealer was also quite clear that the warranty was the same with both models. I believe the longer warranty period applies to the Massey 1500 and 1600 series compact tractors, not the SCUTs.

What is interesting to note is that the sales brochure for the GC series states the warranty is 2 years or 2000 hours. I'd bet a person would have a good chance of getting M-F to honor the greater number of operating hours, but I think it would be much more difficult getting them to extend the GC2600 warranty to 3 years.

/ GC2600 #9  
Hey tsteahr, thanks for the great info about the warranty. I would agree with you that the operators manual information is what you get for warranty? Did not know that they reduced the HP on the 2600 on page 83, I guess that might be a little like bait and switch from MF's sales document? Anyway, I sure hope I never have a need to use this warranty and that my MF will be problem free long after the warranty is expired. KC

Last edited:
   / GC2600 #10  
Hey tsteahr, thanks for the great info about the warranty. I would agree with you that the operators manual information is what you get for warranty? Did not know that they reduced the HP on the 2600 on page 83, I guess that might be a little like bait and switch from MF's sales document? Anyway, I sure hope I never have a need to use this warranty and that my MF will be problem free long after the warranty is expired. KC
I agree it is a little bit of a bait and switch. The sad thing is I will never get even close to 1500 hours in two years, much less 2000 hours. Heck, I won't get 1500 hours in 5 years...

To answer your question, the only warranty info I got with my machine was the owner's manual. I didn't get any kind of warranty card to mail in. However, it is possible if there was a card or some other kind of warranty registration, my dealer would have taken care of that for me and never even mentioned it. They are a full service kind of place.

BTW, I really like your cab. I'm actually contemplating changing my garage doors from 7' to 8' to accommodate the height needed.

Do you like the electric deflector control on the blower? I have the electric chute control but I did not spring the extra $400 for the deflector control. Does it use the same type of toggle switch control as the chute control?