Finally upgraded to Massey 1652

/ Finally upgraded to Massey 1652 #1  

MF1652

Silver Member
Tractor
2016 John Deere 3039R
I'm new to this forum and have been getting a lot of great ideas from TBN, so I thought I would share my newest addition. I've been using a MF 1528 for plowing snow, pulling logs and removing manure for a few years now. The tractor worked fine, but was underpowered for what I was using it for. So I took advantage of MF 0% financing and upgraded to a 1652, w/ FEL and quick attach snow plow. I couldn't be happier with the tractor. It moves snow with no problem at low idle. Didn't even need to put chains on or load the tires. The heated/AC cab is such an improvement over wearing multiple layers to stay warm and dry. Last snow storm, I was plowing snow in 10 degree weather with my cup of coffee in the cup holder, what a blast. It's also very quiet with the cab. Love that new tractor smell.* The only complaint I have is the glow plugs were not able to get the tractor started when the temp. dipped below zero. I had to install a block heater and have not had a problem since. It's actually better with the block heater because I get instant heat in the cab when I start the tractor up. It will probably be less strain on the engine in the long run with the block heater now anyway.

Last edited:
   / Finally upgraded to Massey 1652 #2  
Congrats on the new machine! What kind of set up did you go with to be able to change the blade angle?

/ Finally upgraded to Massey 1652 #3  
Hmmm-m-m-m....

That does look very nice! I'm sure I'll be thinking of you the next time I go out --suitably suited up-- to blow snow... Wish I could justify a cab, but it looks like I'll just continue to make do.

/ Finally upgraded to Massey 1652 #4  
Welcome to TBN. :)
You an be from the west side of the state..we mostly have more bare ground than snow here.

Congrats on very nice setup.

/ Finally upgraded to Massey 1652
Congrats on the new machine! What kind of set up did you go with to be able to change the blade angle?

The dealer welded a bracket to the loader frame with 2 hydraulic couplers. These have hoses permanently run from there, under the tractor to the rear remote hydraulic hookups. I can change the blade angle by using the rear remote from inside the cab. It's a slick set up. Each time I remove the snow plow, all I have to do is unhook two short hoses from the plow and I'm done. The remaining hoses stay affixed under the tractor. When I need to use the rear hydraulic hookup, I can just detach the two hoses from the rear and leave them hanging. It only takes me a couple of minutes to mount the plow this way.

Last edited:
   / Finally upgraded to Massey 1652 #6  
Very nice. That's nice to have the hoses attached to something solid.... I know I always fight with my BH hoses, which just hang there at the rear of my 2310. Guess my grip isn't what it used to be; I always have a hard time getting them hooked up when they flop around...:(

/ Finally upgraded to Massey 1652 #7  
The dealer welded a bracket to the loader frame with 2 hydraulic couplers. These have hoses permanently run from there, under the tractor to the rear remote hydraulic hookups. I can change the blade angle by using the rear remote from inside the cab. It's a slick set up. Each time I remove the snow plow, all I have to do is unhook two short hoses from the plow and I'm done. The remaining hoses stay affixed under the tractor. When I need to use the rear hydraulic hookup, I can just detach the two hoses from the rear and leave them hanging. It only takes me a couple of minutes to mount the plow this way.

Sir,

Can you give me a rough idea on what you paid and what state?... I am in the Market for one with Cab, Snow Blower, and Loader and no where on their site can you build one?

v/r

Randall Williams

/ Finally upgraded to Massey 1652 #8  
Congrads on the new tractor, and welcome to TBN. this site has a lot of very good info, from buying to operating. I recomend this site to all of my new customers, and encourage them to view the safety section. We are at our new location in Claremont, NH.

/ Finally upgraded to Massey 1652 #9  
!652-
Thats a very nice set up,do you like the trans set up as well ? I love that cab and think massey has one of the nicest cabs going,good luck and keep the pics coming. We have snow here in CT and are headed to Laconia NH this weekend !!

Enjoy and let me know if you need someone to run it around for you !!!!!!!!